9" Cutting Discs?

1. cianh91

cianh91 Member

super quality 9" are always our go to for heavy work . if your not used to a 9" yes be careful but don't be afraid of it in many cases there easier controlled than a 4.5 . id consider renting a consaw for vutting that size if it was me as the bigger disc and extra power will help

2. Pete.

Pete. Member

Could be either. In demolition it's common for rebar to pinch or spring when cut. Either can smash the centre out of the blade, or the blade itself. Another reason why the remote controlled machines are so good. The crunching jaws also have metal shears built in.

WorkshopChris likes this.
  3. Tally Member

So you cutting 20mm thick flat bar ? why dont you invest in a chop saw? or a band saw? but if you insist on using a disc id get a 1.9mm thick cutting disc from parweld as they really good for the price and a grinder disc )

4. Tally Member

Yeah for a newbie on a 9 inch id try invest in one with a kick back preventer as they are pretty scary if they bind up in something like aluminium lol

5. Windy Miller Semi-Professional Potterer!

I have both a chop saw and a band saw.

The bandsaw doesn’t have a vice wide enough to hold a 20X200 piece of steel.

It would fit on the chop saw (a cheap Evolution Wood/metal thing) but I suspect it would be asking a bit much of it. Or would it? What’s the general consensus about this? My gut feeling is that it’s simply too much to expect, but maybe you guys know better?

6. Tally Member

I dont think 170mm is the max the evo chop saw would take as i have one and sometimes the metal dont fit but as long you get the one with the blue blade your some pretty thick metal easily on it as long you let the saw do the work.. Dont treat it like a abrasive wheel because thats how you ruin the blades. I normally cut 15mm flat bar on it pretty well

Advertisements