200 litre compressor questions / issues

1. Harry44 Member

Hi guys, got a Chinese air compressor similar to one of these but around 5 years old:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-COMP...394475?hash=item56c365782b:g:ByQAAOSwC1Fb2whR

I have it running a few air tools, only one at a time and it doesnt seem to last at all long before you have to wait for the pressure to build back up, which a you can imaging is annoying. I mainly use an air grinder, roloc type air sander, air hammer, air saw and blow guns.

Has anyone got any advice on how to make the air last longer? I do have 2x inline watertraps, an air regulator which i have tried adjusting and doesnt seem to help

2. gaz1

gaz1 Member

have you bleed all the water out of the tank at bottom of it ?

Memmeddu and steviec_lj like this.
  3. Turbo Member

Unfortunately all those you list are very hungry on air & most 3hp 14cfm single phase compressors struggle to keep up with them. What you may not realise is that it is mainly the capacity of the pump & not the size of the tank you need to consider when buying compressors.
    It doesn't matter how big your tank is, if your pump cannot supply more air than your tools use you will eventually run out of air. A bigger tank just gives you longer before you run out but also takes longer to fill again!

Those Chinese compressors tend to be 'optimistic' when it comes to outputs, was yours ever fit to feed your tools? It might just need a good service to get it working again. As a minimum I would remove the cylinder head & check the reed valves for gunge, clean the air filter, change the oil & check the drive belts.

I would also suggest setting your regulator at 80psi, it will give your compressor & tools an easier time.

BarrieJ, slim_boy_fat and Parm like this.
  4. Harry44 Member

5. gaz1

gaz1 Member

if you want longer then dual tank it but even that wont last long either you could add another tank on top to fill from 2 tanks but as quoted above will drain down but always takes longer to refill again

even the garages air tank drains down with power hungry tools

Memmeddu likes this.
Advertisements