tank pressure

1. bruteforce Member

hello could anybody tell me what the tank pressure should be when you buy it full the tank is probobly 3 1/2 feet high anyway i got another tank tonight night and there is only about 200 psi i think it sould be more than that in thanks
  2. clevinski Member

Hi... what type of gas? In what mix? I have a tank, approx. 2 feet high, with a 75% argon/25% CO2 mix. I've been using it for a month or two, and it's down to 1500 psi. I don't think the tank size influences the pressure; the larger tanks just hold more gas volume.
  3. shenion

shenion Tool Pack Rat

Stone Mountain, GA USA
    My argon tanks have about 2000 PSI full. ArCo2 is about the same.

My CO2 tank is about 900 psi.
  4. malcolm

malcolm Administrator Staff Member

Bedford UK
    Not 200 bar then (3000psi)? Mine normally arrive from BOC with something like 220 bar inside them. 200psi would be empty.
  5. bruteforce Member

my tank is 75% argon 25%co2on the inside numbers onon rugulater it is around 200 i used a tank for about 6months then got new gauges and the tank maybe read 600 so when i put the new one on it it did not read as high as the one i had already used for 6 months so i must have got a empty tank thanks
  6. bruteforce Member

and another thing the needle hardly is moving of of its stopper
  7. clevinski Member

I got a tank of 75% argon/25% CO2 from my cousin that he thought was full, and it was the same thing; the gauge barely moved off the stopper. Took it to a refill place and they said it was empty. It was a reputable place, been in business for many decades, great reputation from people that use them.
  8. Sanny

Sanny Migtastic

Scotland
    My argosheild bottle is filled to 220 bar and thats about 3 1/2 feet tall(allthough it's empty at the moment:()
    I got a tank from boc it is a argoshield universal size Y and it was supposed to be filled with 220bar, but when I got it home it only said 110 bar on the gauge, I thought that gauge may be faulty so lucky I have a spare and tried that and that also said 110bar, so it was back in the car to boc for a exchange which the did after putting their gauge on to check it.
    When you are paying a lot of money for a bottle you want to be sure it is full
  9. bruteforce Member

hello so today iwent and took tank back got another and tried it and it read about 2000psi so it turns out they gave me a basically empty tank but everything was fine thanks a lot for all the info guys
  10. oneeyeguy Member

co2

hi just got a new bottle it ment to be full it reads 50 bar and 900 psi is it a full one or half full stands 33inchs high
  11. shenion

shenion Tool Pack Rat

Stone Mountain, GA USA
    As it is liquid, CO2 will always read about 900 PSI until it is just about empty. Then it will drop fast.
  12. oneeyeguy Member

ok thanks mate
Recent Posts