Project - MG Midget

1. iryde New Member

Hi all,

I have a 1975 MG sat on my drive rotting away and I have been tempted to sell it. But I can't do it.

The sill on the drivers side is almost non existant. The thing is how do i get it to the garage with very little sill.

I hear that MG midgets holds alot of strength in this area. What's the solution? Weld in brace bars to keep its structure intact?

Thanks for all help. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can.

Ian

2. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

If it's that bad then maybe it's safer to trailer it?
    Bracing should work though, anything you can do to keep the body from flexing would be good.

3. MarkMG

MarkMG what goes here?

uk
    As Wozzah said really, if they are that bad it ain't anything near road legal.

I'm currently welding up an MG midget a few piccies here:

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u1/markdjoy/

It is taking me a long time.....

Before you head long in though, check the rest for rust, rear hangers (where the springs mount the body tub), front wings (expensive secondhand) are both if bad might write the car off as worth while.

Economics, rubber bumpers don't fetch strong money.

4. Chris Latham

Chris Latham Member

Chester
    Hi mate

If you need any repair panels etc for your MG project then give me a shout.

Im a supplier for Hadrian Motor Body Panels :D:D:D

cheeRS

Chris
    PRP - Passion Restoration Products

5. Jon_m Member

UK
    >If you need any repair panels etc for your MG project then give me a shout.

Hi

Sorry to hijack the thread. Could you supply a windscreen surround for an MGBGT part number HZA5553 and how much would it be?

Many Thanks

Jon

6. Gordon

Gordon Member

Hey buddy, get a trailer. if the sills have disapeared its probably safe to bet that more than just the sills are in trouble :)
    trailler = safer

Recent Posts