Anyone made a Joggler/Joddler/flanging/edge setting tool?

1. SwissTony Member

Just been poking around on the usual online auction site to find a price for one and can't find any under £35.

Anyone made one before?
  2. piman Member

Hello Tony,

I bought mine but discovered that it didn't make very neat joints, so I always butt weld now. The punch is useful however.
    I suppose you could make up a pair of jaws and weld them to a cheapo set of Mole grips? Personally I'd advise against getting one.

Alec
  3. Shug

Shug Member

Edinburgh
    I bought a pair and have never used them other than when I first got them and tried em out on a bit of scrap. Just butt welded. Could never be bothered joggling that much metal.
  4. bill_gj

bill_gj Tired and irritable

5. SwissTony Member

Only really need it for one job, but funds are to tight to cough up that sort of money for something that I may never use again.

May just get a couple of lumps of steel and stick some 1mm sheet on them to make the shape, then just whack it with a hammer.
    Would I be able to get enough pressure to create the flange if I was to run 4 bolts like this:
    [​IMG]
  6. droopsnoot

droopsnoot Member

I've got one and used it, also bought one of the fancy ratchet-driven ones but not needed that yet. I've tried to do butt joints where possible, mainly since starting to read on this site about welding in a bit more detail.

All it's doing is two bends in one go, in many cases you could get the same effect with a big pair of slip-jaw pliers by bending the edge down then up again a few mm further out.
  7. chap Member

You could use this in a vice to apply the force. Use a pair of dowels/bolts to align the fixture.
  8. Blackjack Member

Bristol UK
    Err...

yeah.

Loads of people, but they usually refer to it as a bead roller???
  9. aametalmaster Member

Salem Ohio USA
    Yup from a pair of Vise Grips and 2 pcs of flatbar welded to the jaws. The flat bar was step cut then welded to the jaws...Bob
Recent Posts