workshop air lines / pipes / cooler

1. Patrick Gill New Member

I am setting up my retirement /hobby workshop, I have several pre-war motorcycles and classic cars to restore if I live long enough, it has a sand blasting room, machine room and workshop, I have bought an old Hydrovane 33 as the workshop is in my garden and I don't want too much noise, so I have a few questions,
    hydrovane 33.jpg
    is the radiator on the end of the compressor a cooler?
    do I need another copper pipe cooler?
    any suggestions for a decent but budget priced water trap or would a copper pipe cooler with drain taps do the job?
    my best position for the cooler is behind the 60ton press, that would be about 3 feet from the compressor outlet, is that OK?
    press.jpg
    is the old 33 man enough for grit blasting? motorcycle and car parts, tank.jpg
    I have an old but very solid compressor tank spare, 36" by 14" is it worth plumbing that in, maybe inside the blasting room?

2. carbon

carbon Member

Just had a quick look online, looks like it could be 30CFM, do you have three phase for it

3. brightspark

brightspark Member

if the comp will produce over 28 cfm it will run a 3mm jet for blasting no problem with fine sand or grit . the tank will help in the cooling of air. I use a secondary tank at the end of the line for extra cooling and a second water separator on the blast pot and it works fine

4. Patrick Gill New Member

yup, installed from the road late last year, I have a lot of 3 phase gear from shutting down my car repair workshiop, plus 3 phase gear is often almost free, no 3phase outlets added yet but running the 240v from it, I got a 20ltr Chinese pot from a local machinery auction full of grit for £20.00 the other day, maybe I will run the compressor output into the blasting room first with the tank and then come back out for general use, would only increase the run a few yards,

5. brightspark

brightspark Member

just keep the bore of pipe up . better cooling and no loss of cfm

Advertisements