Wolf Weld Turbo MIG 130

1. davidnormanuk Member

Hello,

I have just bought a Wolf Weld Turbo MIG 130 and seem to be having problems with the wire feed. It has the option to either feed 0.8 or 0.6 sluxed wire. When trying to use the welder the roller that pushes the wire seems to slip regardless of how tight I have the roller. I was thinking of putting some rubber around the roller so it can grip the wire properly. Has anyone else had this type of problem?

Cheers
    Dave

2. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

Wire feeds can be a hassle at the best of times, but should work with a bit of settting up. There are a few things to check:

The wire roller will be reversable. Check the correct size groove is lined up with the wire (wider one for 0.8mm wire).
    Check the tension on the wire spool. Should be just enough to stop it spinning after the wire has stopped moving, no more.
    Is the right sized tip fitted? They are marked with the wire size. If it's too small it would grip the wire as soon as you start welding.
    Rusty wire would cause the rollers to slip.

The feed might work better on lower tension. The cheaper wire feeds tend to bend as you tension them. The one on my Clarke bent so much over the years that the top roller didn't roll on the wire. Worth checking the alignment of the top roller to make sure it's acting on the wire.

3. davidnormanuk Member

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked the tip and it says 0.8 which is the wire thickness I'm using. The roller has 0.6 on one side and 0.8 on the other. The wire is running through the 0.8 side of the roller. The welding wire was already installed on the welder when i got it. Parts of the spool looked like it had been wound back on so i took all of this off so it's coming off the spool nice and smooth. When installing the spool should it be spool, plastic spacer, spring then clip to hold it together as the manual is very basic?

Cheers
    Dave

4. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

Sounds about right for the spool, although I'm not familiar with the Wolf. Normally there's a spring and tensioner acting on a spacer that presses against the wire reel. Tension needs to be the minimum that will stop the reel unrolling when the wire feed stops, so quite a light tension.

5. gaz_golf_gti New Member

doncaster
    hi mate
    newby hear lol i have the same welder and have had it for about 2 year now and hardly used it. Came to do some seem welding on my car did one shocker top and it stopped feeding wire, it still arcs but the motor as gone for the wire feed do you no where i can get a new one?

Advertisements