wolf weld 140

1. paullofting New Member

gosport hampshire
    hi i have a wolf weld 140 and the feed gearbox if broke its pulled some teeth off of one of the plastic gears inside the feed unit dose anyone know where i can get either a gear or feed unit to replace this as iv not had the welder long and dont want to buy another one for a 2p plastic cog

2. Jim_gsxr1000

Jim_gsxr1000 Mechanical Magician

Probs going to struggle to find 1, convert the wire drive for a well known one perhaps a Clarke one ?

3. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Did the welder come from Aldi? if so get in touch with the number on the box (most Aldi stuff has sticker that says "don't take back to shop,call this number nnnnnn" for faults) Had a multi type jigsaw from them that failed. Phoned the number (or went online can't rember) few days later recived replacement saw and no request for ori back! Welder maybe a case of they send you replacement and you swap over with deliver man maybe?
    If it's not from Aldi then either post pic of gear (with ruler near for size) or try rc buggy/car type people on ebay as they do gears of all sorts. Headach is a search on ebay for gears will chuck up load of war of gears (pc game) or what ever it's call and that gear punk (steam) stuff. Keep looking it there some where.

4. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    And Welcome BTW Paullofting

5. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    Powercraft is the Aldi brand Mike, Wolf were sold by UKHS who still sell the same machines but under a different name.

Paul, it might be worth contacting UKHS to see if they carry any spares, if not then you will probably have to retro fit a new feed assembly or sell it as 'spares or repairs' and get another machine. ;)

6. UKHS are really good about sending replacement bits. Bought a multi tool petrol strimmer thing once from them (Saved my paper round money for about 8 months when I was 12)
    The chainsaw attachment was missing the oil bottle cap and I rung them and had a whole new chainsaw attachment 2 days later! Could have rung up again and said it never turned up and got another!

7. paullofting New Member

gosport hampshire
    thanks everyone iv counted and its a 38 tooth outer gear with a 12 tooth inner gear and the diameter is 23 mm emailed a nylon gear company local to me and is waiting to see what they say and will google ukhs and see what they say. i bought it off ebay as someone couldnt get on with and its bean going great every other time iv used it but it jammed up the feed wheel yesterday and must of snapped off the teeth of the small gear when it jammed sods law i guess :(

8. paullofting New Member

gosport hampshire
    just to let everyone know iv rung ukhs and they were very helpful and have a wire feeder with the motor on the shelf for 25 quid and even have the missing handle off it as well for a extra 5 quid im going to try 1 more person i know who is a engineer and might be able to make a new cog but if not i know there's a back up thanks everyone for there help :D

Advertisements