Wolf dekota 100 help

1. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Hi new on here needing some advice , bought a wolf dekota 90 litre 14cfm compressor and a marksman impact ,problem is a cant get it to buzz off a wheel nut ,done abit of research and took the first small regulator off and plug it in but still no use :( the main reg is bolted to the tank with the pressure switch, see people say take the supply straight from the tank ? Do a remove the plug on the side of the tank and try tap into that ? Thanks in advance Vinny

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. brightspark

brightspark Member

best taken from tank. if u can get a half inch bsp filter regulator fitted. full power and no restriction and use 10mm hoses not 8mm

• 006.jpg
  3. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Thanks av took the plug off the side of the tank is 20mm wide is that a 1/2 fitting ? Am using a Clark 10m 10mm I/D with 1/4 nut fittings

4. brightspark

brightspark Member

yep 19.2mm or 3/4 is a half inch bsp size ;)

5. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Thanks for the help : ) do you have any links to anywhere that sells the bits a need ? Thanks again

6. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    So would a buy a 1/2 bsp reg/drain off connect that to the tank and fit a 1/2 to 1/4 reducer on the other side so a can connect the 10mm hose ?

7. Cally91

Cally91 Member

London,UK
    Did the plug come out ok ??? thinking of doing this aswell to couple two into another 200lt tank I have giving me 28 cfm and 400lt of storage

8. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Was tight as but used a decent allen key and gave it a good hot with a club hammer came out no probs that way

9. brightspark

brightspark Member

plugs and sockets for the other end using whip tail or direct plug in to airtool and a full pressure outlet on tank with a ball valve and c plug for high volume use without restriction

• 006.JPG
    • 004.jpg
    • 007.JPG
  10. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Only be using it for the impact wrench for now so was thinking of fitting a 1/2 bsp tee with a 1/2 snap off body on either side then 13mm hose and a 3/8 pcl at the tool end and just use the regulator on the pressure switch to set it to 119 maybe would that work ok ?

11. madkayaker

madkayaker Pro sparkey Pro Welder

Cumbria
    I have a Clarke impact gun and found it useless. I even tries piping up with 25mm hose and it was still useless

12. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Gonna get a shot of an ingrasoll rand wrench and try it on it once av put the 13mm tube on see how that works

13. madkayaker

Cumbria
    I gave up on air impact gun and got a mains one! Use a ingersol rand one at works and it works well

14. brightspark

brightspark Member

relieved this one:whistle: its 3/4 drive and takes no prisoners ;)

• 005.JPG
  15. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Am just hoping it works surly a 3hp compressor should be able to power an impact wrench to remove nuts on a car ?

16. madkayaker

Cumbria
    It's probity the gun. Just looked them up and they seam micky mouse the one I've seen in 310nM I can do more than that with a ratchet!

17. brightspark

brightspark Member

yes depending on how much torque the gun can produce in ft lbs /higher the better ;)

18. Vinny030 Member

Glasgow
    Well hopefully it's the gun and not the compressor would adding a propane bottle help ? Give me abit more air

19. brightspark

brightspark Member

theres no need .one tank will be fine as long as the outlet and pipes arent restricted in bore ;)

20. madkayaker

Cumbria
    Not if the guns useless. I tried bigger hoses etc before ditching my Clarke one and found it made no difference. The gun I use at work uses 8mm hose and it never struggles. The hole workshop is only piped in 8mm

Advertisements