Wolf Dakota vs ABAC Mote Carlo D4 ?

1. nedge2k New Member

Leicester
    Hi guys,

been offered a 3HP, 50L, direct drive ABAC but from looking about, it only seems to do 10.6CFM and FAD is not mentioned.

http://www.abac-support.co.uk/individualmodels/directdrive/001NDV504_087, MONTECARLO D4.htm

On the other hand, there's this on eBay which has the added bonus of belt drive:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wolf-3HP-14CF...ompressors&hash=item415a630802#ht_1308wt_1026

Which should I go for? I assume the Wolf's 14CFM is a bit optimistic. I plan to use a die grinder, spray gun, DA etc. Maybe even a bit of sand blasting if either are up to it. 3-phase not an option though.

TIA

2. FranV8 Member

Cambs, UK
    You'll probably find at 3hp both will do around 9cfm fad. Mine is direct drive bee twin and I expected it to do less than a belt drive but they come out about the same (tested it myself)

Are both machines 10 bar/ 150 psi?

At that output it seems pretty happy on my die grinder, windy gun and even DA sanders. Of course going bigger electrical infrastructure becomes a step change in expense.

3. Chipper Member

I've got an Abac, can't fault it for reliability. Went for them partly because the motors aren't far eastern and because if anything went wrong there was a local agent, meaning no courier faff/cost and general convenience.

4. nedge2k New Member

Leicester
    Cheers guys, yeah both appear 10bar but a local agent would be handy so might go for the ABAC. The belt drive of the wolf is very appealing though...

5. FranV8 Member

Cambs, UK
    My 1.5hp is an ABAC. It's been abused but not overly used, no problems with it at all though.

6. Chipper Member

Just check with 'em they have a local guy, in case they've stopped or whatever, was a few yrs ago I bought mine.

Advertisements