1. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Mikey D and optima21 like this.
  2. optima21 Forum Supporter

shame I don't have enough space for a spare one :laughing::laughing:

gaz1 likes this.
  3. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

It's only 11 miles to their warehouse from here, if it's still on after Christmas I'll have a punt.

4. maz0

maz0 Forum Supporter

Must resist. I only wanted a £99 cheapy for spraying waxoyl....

5. RaceDiagnostics Forum Supporter

Very tempted, I'm always worried about getting an asbo when my compressors are running.

Burdekin and slim_boy_fat like this.
  6. pondy

pondy Member

Ive the one listed. It's very quiet easily have a conversation next to it with it running

7. optima21 Forum Supporter

its a funny thing about noise levels, my wolf dakota compressor seems to be quieter than my previous direct drive compressor, but the istructions says that the dakota compressor has a slightly higher noise level in decibels, I guessing it seems to be quieter is because the tone is lower on the belt drive compressor than the direct drive ones

Burdekin likes this.
  8. pondy

pondy Member

I came across the same thing with the dB numbers which originally put me off as I already had a 50l direct drive comp which number wise is quiter but still deafening. A member on here mentioned in a you tube review about its noise level being much less compared to a small direct drive his replaced so I bit the bullet, glad I did, night and day different

9. pedrobedro

Rang them this morning but they are knocking off at dinner so I paid online through Paypal and am picking one up Thursday.

skotl, Burdekin and pondy like this.
  10. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Good stuff. Supposed to be good for the money. I saw the deal a couple of weeks back but my wife didn't order until Thursday so didn't want to miss out. Compressor was delivered today so good service too.

11. maz0

maz0 Forum Supporter

Oh well, I couldnt resist. Bought one to tide me over until I get my 32amp wired up. It will make a nice wee nail gun compressor for doing up the house.

skotl likes this.
  12. Just ordered one now , should definatly be an upgrade from a direct drive 50 litre sip , direct drive definatly a lot quieter in my experience.
    Does anyone know which courier they use ?? Knowing my luck I'll be out and have to collect from depot :doh:
    Any idea of build country a lot of these cheaper units used to be Italian made :dontknow:

Burdekin likes this.
  13. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Wife said TNT (oi oi). She ordered on Thursday and they delivered this morning.

Mikey D likes this.
  14. Darn I'm sure the nearest TNT depor is 30 odd mile way :vsad::doh: , Maybe they have online thing where you can specify a safe place to leave it ?
    Have you had it working yet ?????:whistle::laughing:

15. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Not even out of the box yet. I have some modifying and extending of my workshop air system to do over the next couple of weeks so will have it going soon.

16. Perry Owens

Perry Owens Member

Surrey,UK
    Tried to order one yesterday but BT had managed to disable the internet locally for 24 hours. When I looked this morning they were out of stock but then found that Amazon had them for £215.93 with free shipping.

17. pedrobedro

Still from UKHS.tv though, another website Mano Mano sells them but they are from the same source.

18. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Got mine out of the box. Doesn't come with an electrical plug and does come full of oil. Will connect straight into the socket in the dome end. It is 1/2bsp and need a 10mm Allen key to take out. Loctite 545 is suitable for breathing air and works a treat sealing threads.

IMG_20181226_142732535.jpg IMG_20181226_142956760.jpg IMG_20181226_150647504.jpg

pondy likes this.
  19. maz0

maz0 Forum Supporter

Can I ask why you are not connecting using the regulator supplied? I need to find myself a hose and some tools and couplings now. Thanks for the info

20. optima21 Forum Supporter

Advertisements