Wolf Dakota Compressor Feedback ?

1. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

Morning all:

I have found a few posts regarding the Wolf Dakota 3hp 100 litre comp at £250 delivered but nothing really with any user reviews.

Anyone got one? smooth running? noisy? quiet? etc etc

I am thinking of replacing my Aldi direct drive 25 litre before my eardrums start to bleed, great little compressor for what it is but hellish noisy and a bit more usable power would be nice.

It's use would be just basically tyres and occasional light spraying of steel and fence panels etc, I certainly don't have enough use to spend silly money.

All comments good or bad appreciated.

2. David2002 New Member

Nottinghamshire
    Been lurking here for months, so I thought I'd better start contributing.
    bought one of these over a year ago and can't complain. the only belt drive that I could afford and justify buying.
    It runs much quieter than the aldi machine and my other little compressor at work (both direct drive)
    I've used it for inflating tyres, spraying my fence and pergolas and a bit of blasting using a cheap suction gun.
    Put it at the back of the garage under a bench with a piece of carpet hanging in front to reduce any noise while the garage door is open
    Well worth the cost in my opinion, although I don't have any experience of any other belt drive compressors

David

3. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

Cheers David, nice bit of info that..it helps

4. Cally91

Cally91 Member

London,UK
    I too have the wolf and it's good for the money I have mine linked to another 200 lt tank and have plenty of air for most things

5. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

Do you find it reasonably quiet? thats the only reason I am considering one, my direct drive is just too noisy to be in the same area with.

6. Cally91

Cally91 Member

London,UK
    The noise is so much quieter than a dd unit but can't comment say compared to a Clark belt drive unit as I've never had one

Advertisements