Wolf Air Compressor

1. royaub New Member

stoke on trent uk
    Hi all, I am new to using compressors and I was thinking of buying a
    Wolf Air Compressor 14CFM, 3HP, 240v, 150PSI, 90L Belt Driven Twin Cylinder
    90 litre, 3HP Belt Driven Compressor

Can anyone tell me if they are any good?

Also it says at the bottom of the advert:
    Please note that this machine uses an industrially rated electric motor and must be operated from a heavy duty power supply and not from extension cables.

Can anyone tell me just what this means and is there any way of running it from my ordinary house sockets?

If this can't be done can anyone recommend one that can, that will run grinders, ratchets etc for using on vehicles?

Any help will be much appreciated
    Roy

2. brightspark

brightspark Member

what its saying is it probably needs a 16 or a 20 amp supply to run it as against using a 13 amp plug and extension leads that cant carry the current and pull the motor starting capacity down

3. royaub New Member

stoke on trent uk

Thanks brightspark.
    I'm sorry for being a bit thick but I have an RCD fusebox in my outhouse which at the moment has a 32Amp fuse connected to two 13Amp sockets which I run my power tools on. If I change one of the sockets to a blue 16 Amp round socket, would that be sufficient do you think?

4. Cally91

Cally91 Member

London,UK
    I have had one for over a year now and can't fault it and they do run off a 13 amp supply ie straight from socket not on a 30m long extension :)

5. brightspark

brightspark Member

as said above if it will run on a 13 amp plug keep the lead short and try it . if it blows fuses u can as u said uprate the supply to comp to 16 amp

Advertisements