Wire won't stop feeding

1. Shady Member

Co Down NI
    Have a proble with My SIP T150P welder and was wondering if anyone would know how to solve it. Was welding away and took my finger off the trigger but the wire kept coming out. The only way to stop it was to switch the machine off completely. Have checked the torch and the switch in it and it seems to be working ok as it is clicking when it is pressed. Would anyone know what the cause of this would be and how to fix it??

2. mjsroofing Member

south wales
    does it still weld aswell as feed wire.

3. superls Member

uk, chesterfield
    have you checked the operation of the switch with a multimeter?

4. mjsroofing Member

south wales
    good point above, i believe it sends a earth feed from the switch doesn't it.

5. shenion

shenion Tool Pack Rat

The relay on the PCB have been known to stick.

6. baz-r Member

exeter
    switch or little relay on pcb as shenion says

7. Kelvin Member

malaysia
    take off your torch from machine first, then turn on the machine.
    if wire stop feed, that mean the torch problem.
    if not, that mean the machine in trouble. mostly the problem in pcboard.

8. bob_515069 New Member

US Colorado
    Did u figure it out?

I have the same prob. I have a craftsman and blew out a voltage regulator. I re saudered in a new one, completely disconnected the torch plugs from the board with no luck. I did hook up a 9v battery to make sure the motor wasn't shorted and cut the wires from the speed dial to make sure it wasn't shorted, un saudered the rectifier diode between the positive and neg motor wires and had no luck. I wanted to see if you had success to see what I can try next.

Thanks,

Ryan

9. yoshie

yoshie Member

I had the same problem with a Sealey 180, blew out the circuit board & rotary switches etc. with an air line and that solved the problem, that was a few months ago and it's been fine ever since. I wondered if the grinding dust was the problem??
    Hope yours is fixed as easily

Mike

10. Orlando Trevino New Member

Im having the same problem and found out its the torch how do i fix it or do i just need to replace it

Advertisements