wire on pcb 140 mono

1. andy28

andy28 Member

shropshire
    hi all dose anyone have an idea where this wire should go to on my pcb board...
    Thanks
    Andy
    board.jpeg

2. andy28

andy28 Member

shropshire
    it dose go as a uni-mig 140 even tho been told it migatronic 140 mono..

3. eddie49 Member

With the wire disconnected, what faults or lost functionality, if any, are you seeing?
    This ( very long ) thread may help:

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/help-with-repair-of-my-euromig-260-mig-welder.87083/

The board in that thread looks similar to yours. However, your loose wire seems to connect to the multi-position Mode switch ( ? ), and in that other thread the switch had been replaced so the wire colours differ.
    The wire ( is it green or yellow ? ) seems to have a long soldered tip, as though it has been unsoldered from the PCB rather than broken off. Do you see any "empty" holes on the board, or joints with disturbed solder?

4. Neilj Member

It looks like the wire goes to the back of the mode switch but it's difficult to see, any chance of a close up picture of the back to the switch? Just follow the wire and take a closer picture of where the other end of the wire goes

5. andy28

andy28 Member

shropshire
    morning thanks for replies only 2 things that don't seem to work at moment is spot and stich weld, I will get more pics..
    Thanks
    Andy

6. paulo1974 Member

can you see any number or model in the pcb card? it can be easier to solve the problem that way.
    For a fast look at the picture i guess that the upper pod is the wire speed has it goes directly to the pcb and the lower one (middle) must be the spot welder timer as it goes to the step transformer dial.

7. andy28

andy28 Member

shropshire
    top one is timer next down is wire feed speed..
    front panel.jpeg

8. paulo1974 Member

Better take out the PCB and looks on the back for a modelo Numbers. With that you can get the schematics.

andy28 likes this.
  9. andy28

andy28 Member

shropshire
    will do mate it welds ok in normal as far as I can tell, just trying to set burn back at moment as it works but fine tuning is hard...

10. eddie49 Member

This schematic diagram is typical of that type of Migatronic PCB, but it may not correspond exactly to yours:
    Migatronic_PCB_Diagram.jpg

andy28 likes this.
  11. andy28

andy28 Member

shropshire
    thanks for that mate I will try figuring it out as I want keep this old welder she sure seems to weld not to bad...

Advertisements