Wire not coming through torch

1. Doggerry New Member

Hi,

Total newbie here so please be gentle.

I have a gasless mig and I was practising earlier. The wire stopped coming through the torch so I opened the box up and the spool of wire had snapped. I had to pull the wire out of the lead manually.

Set the wire up again and began to feed it through and it went through again and got so far then stopped. I have a feeling that there may be a bit of wire stuck in the wire feeding line.

Would anyone have any ideas how to clear it or is it a new line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ged

2. Wonderweaver

Wonderweaver Member

If you have pulled the wire out then unlikely there is wire left inside . I would take the torch apart to the neck and liner and stretch the line out then try feeding. The wire feed should be set so you can stop feeding the wire with pressure from you finger. Try this see how it goes. As you feed the wire through gently roll the torch body .

3. hotponyshoes Member

The only way I can see it snapping is if the wire is tangled on the spool and the feed rollers have pulled it hard enough to snap it.
    Have a look at the spool and check the wire is coming off properly not going under another bit or catching on anything

4. Tom O Member

I would check the wire roll it sounds like it is overlapping then snapping if it is you may have to let it unwind some by suspending it. I’d feed it threw again and watch the roll when it binds it should take a fair bit to snap it!

5. Doggerry New Member

Fixed it. It was the rollers as the wire had slipped out. All good now apart from I now want a gas welder. Thanks for the advice.

Wonderweaver likes this.
Advertisements