Which oil to use on my Clarke professional se16c150

1. Asdama Member

Hi i have a belt driven clarke se16c150 and im struggling to find oil for it.
    On the pump plate it says to use sae30.
    Is petrol lawnmowers sae30 oil the same as air compressor oil? Also struggling to find one with no detergent oil too. Would this be ok to use from Toolstation its 4 stroke petrol lawn mower oil here a link

www.toolstation.com/engine-oil-1l/p77571?store=CT&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7OnxBRCNARIsAIW53B9Rx7I_g4bNXi2gpEqzGC_YJN3T4XV9TVwSX4gQU649TbAeU6IWvwkaApRXEALw_wcB

2. WorkshopChris

WorkshopChris Forum Supporter

3. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Machine Mart, Screwfix or Toolstation all sell it in 1ltr bottles specially for compressors. The MM one is synthetic long life and costs twice as much but if you love your compressor it's worth it :D Compressors are only a splash lubrication system, the oil is not under stress like in a car under pressure with heat and combustion by products so you don't need the detergents and long chain polymer BS that makes car oil more expensive but car oil will not hurt it if you have nothing else.

4. Asdama Member

I did see that one but this is where i get confused because thats not sae30 its iso32 whatever that means, but the 4 stoke lawnmower one is sae30? And thats what is recommended on the front plate of the compressor. Where do you guys buy your air compressor sae30 oil from

5. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark Member

Ring or e mail Clarks.
    They will happily tell you what oil and were to get it from.

6. Asdama Member

I want the proper stuff sae30 without the detergent really but dont wanna pay machine mart prices so the iso32 oil be ok the one from Toolstation?

7. armalites Member

Herefordshire
  8. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

SAE 30 is a strait oil with no additions to clean or inhibit an old style oil think it is 100 ISO, brain may have faded over the years so check
    Ask google

9. premmington

premmington Member

If you were closer - I would give you some - I have a quarter of a 208ltr barrel of this stuff - we have gone over to hydrovanes and now use different oil.

Reciprocating compressors - need non detergent oil

10. heldtogetherwithblutack

heldtogetherwithblutack Member

compressor oil has anti froth / foaming properties as the majority of piston type have splash lubrication system

11. Farside

Farside Badly Welded Man

Or you could just use a decent car oil.
    My handbook lists a 5w40 synth car oil as the first in order of preference. Of course that particular oil is available with the compressor maker's name on it for a mere two or three times the price you can get it elsewhere.
    The anti-foam properties of modern oils are perfectly fine for comp use.

12. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    Any nice fresh oil is better than none or black gunk!

Advertisements