What adapters do I need?

1. ypsilon New Member

Just recently bought an air compressor and getting to grips with setting it up.

What parts do I need to connect my air compressor to my air tool?

Thank you

• 2D664EF7-1B7E-4A25-B667-9CD526930AC6.jpeg
    • 559022F6-8CB4-4081-8379-6A8CEA8674E8.jpeg
  2. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Euro connectors or take those off and fit PCL connectors or get a Euro to PCL adaptor and use whatever takes your fancy or comes with the tool. Here's a set on eBay you should find something in it to help you.

3. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Those aren't Euro connectors, I believe they are Schrader. I would just take them off and fit PCL XF or standard PCL. It will cost you as much to buy convertors as it will to replace them

4. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

I've not seen that type of connector before, I found a Chinese website selling them claiming they were made by Festo but I doubt it. I'd replace them with Euro/PCL/Rectus fittings so any new tools you buy are more likely to fit.

Yamhon likes this.
  5. ypsilon New Member

Thank you all for your responses. I have bought this air line to connect the compressor to the tool, however it doesn’t fit my air tool! Only the compressor!

Sorry just to ask do I need to take off the connector off the compressor and replace with PCL connectors?

• BE79D10E-E7D2-482F-B74A-11ABAFD36898.jpeg
  6. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Yep just unscrew it, chances are it's 1/4" BSP.

ypsilon likes this.
  7. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    You will honestly be better to just swap all the fittings or you will have to go through the same problem every time you get a new hose or tool

If your hose fits your compressor then all you need to do is change the fitting on the tool. The one on the tool is not a common fitting in this country. It will cost you less than £2 from Screwfix.

Those coil hoses have their uses but if it's something you are going to use on a regular basis it will get tiring to use as there is always tension on it and they tend to twang into things.

ypsilon likes this.
  8. ypsilon New Member

Cheers thank you for your response, the guys at Cages in Dewsbury fixed it for me.

Will look at buying a airline next.

slim_boy_fat and Yamhon like this.
Advertisements