Went shopping today

1. 8ob

8ob Member

Only into Homebase for some shelving stuff for the office, while mooching about stumbled across their range of tool chests and roll cabs. Surprised to see them there to be honest but took the time to open/shut a few draws and get a feel of the quality, its seems incredible value for the money. Just sayin.

https://www.homebase.co.uk/our-range/tools/tool-and-garage-storage/tool-chests-and-trolleys

Was very impressed with this for an in the truck tool chest, much wider than the normal top boxes so should be stable. Very good chest @ £144

[​IMG]

2. Barlidge

Barlidge Forum Supporter

Bob, I think these new lines were brought in when it was changing to Bunnings, but I believe the original Homebase management have bought the chain back now so will be interesting to see if they revert to their old lines of poo at gold prices.

I could well be wrong though.

stuvy, eLuSiVeMiTe, 8ob and 2 others like this.
  3. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

My thoughts is Homebase needs finishing off

4. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

HB is owned by an Australian Co, I believe its one of their companies

5. Barlidge

Barlidge Forum Supporter

6. Johnnybravo Member

Bunnings is big in Aus

7. daleyd

daleyd Member

Our local store in Wrexham closed a few weeks back, managed to get a couple of pairs of Wiss snips for the princely sum of £17.

I’ve got no room for any more tool chests otherwise I might have been coming away with one (or more!!) of those on the roof of the car as well:thumbup:

8ob likes this.
  8. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

Was, they backed out and sold what they could. Some stores closed unfortunately.

Apparently the DIY market wasn’t what Bunnings thought it was in the U.K. and they lost £230million in 2 years.

Some stores are yet to rebrand back to Homebase. Although that probably won’t happen as they’re owned by the same parent company as HMV, Hilco.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-pulls-out-of-britain-after-1bn-plus-disaster

9. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

They invested 1.4 billion.

stuvy and fizzy like this.
  10. Turbo Member

I remember looking at those kinchrome boxes & they felt very well made, something similar to the halfords pro kit.

stuvy likes this.
  11. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Member

And here too. It’s actually my favourite out of the big shops, staff are well trained and know their products, some places you go you’d be better asking another customer than the staff...

Ashley Burton likes this.
  12. brightspark

brightspark Member

Bunnings

fizzy likes this.
  13. Robbie260 Member

I had seen that lot was wondering if the kingchrome stuff was some budget sidchrome line or just a cheap chinese knock off. Didnt like the tool chests personally a lot of wasted space and the bench cabinates and lower boxes seemed flimsy to me. The dont particularly like the new halfords advanced stuff either dont know why they had to change it.

14. brightspark

brightspark Member

I love the word restructuring sounds good but in reality its closing things down :(

stuvy likes this.
  15. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Member

Just like reassigned = sacked

stuvy and brightspark like this.
  16. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

like most go bust buy the 20 percent best shops for 10th of there worth and pay the liquidation company some money to add to a pot the pay off any one they owe money to

sorry to say after paying hmrc and the liquidation company there fees theres nothing left most people get 5 pence in the pound

they go bust and it starts again

brightspark likes this.
  17. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

Had that situation many of times with people that just want some guidance & the employee's are clueless

18. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Member

Tinting paint is a classic, had to guide one girl through what the numbers on the screen meant, I don’t see how it’s confusing... ppg do a range of 100 colours or so as swatches, but 10,000 as paint codes. The process is the same, and I don’t even work there!

19. bourbon Member

Employees are salespeople in these places. Currys/PC world is a classic. They know the bare minimum but their job is to sell stuff, not to help customers who are unsure. That's why I try to go to smaller places who know what they are on about

Advertisements