Welding night classes near Shaftesbury Dorset?

1. Steve Daniels New Member

Dear all,

I am trying to find welding classes for a complete beginner (me!) near my home in Shaftesbury, Dorset or my work in Salisbury, Wiltshire. I have 3 old cars which I can work on mechanically myself but I don't have any welding experience and they are starting to need attention in that area. I've looked at night school classes in Yeovil or Salisbury but they don't seem to do 'hobby welding' classes. Does anyone know of a good beginner's welding class I could join in the near future or, perhaps, someone who would be prepared to teach me in the evenings if the cost wasn't too prohibitive? Many thanks for your interest if you respond; I'm really looking forward to learning a new skill and then applying it on my cars but at the moment I don't even know the difference between MIG and TIG. That's how much of a novice I am!

Steve

2. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Welcome aboard, Steve - a good place to be! :thumbup: If you click on the green buttons at the top of the page you'll be taken to the tutorials section(s) which are good starting points.

3. Tiggy_dorset

Tiggy_dorset It looks just like a bought one!

4. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Have a look at Dorset rural skills centre, think they do a beginner course in Blandford.

5. Steve Daniels New Member

Many thanks for the responses so far. I've just turned 60 so this is a long-term ambition and will be an incredible new life skill for me! The Dorset Rural Skills Centre looks like an incredible recommendation and I'll look at their one-day course in the next few months. Many thanks especially to 'Hitch' for that top tip. Regards to all. Steve

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  6. Tiggy_dorset

Tiggy_dorset It looks just like a bought one!

Excellent, I will probably choose the Blandford venue for myself and my nephew.
    Thanks.

7. Hillvue

Hillvue New Member

Hi there I have a workshop near Sturminster newton and have been welding for 18 years (lots of old cars). If you still want to learn I'll do my best to teach you, I'm not coded but have a city & guilds in mig & arc. We also have a spray booth if you want to learn paintwork

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements