Weird Washing Machine

1. puffernutter

puffernutter Puffernutter

Sorry guys, another question! Our washing machine - and Indesit model BWE91484XSUK has started making a horrible noise when spinning (or just rotating in general). Easy fix - must be the bearing!

But no, it doesn't appear to have a bearing (as we know it Jim!)

This is the parts list with exploded diagrams -

https://parts.indesit.co.uk/category/model_BWE91484XSUK

Can someone else have a look and see if I am missing something! I can only assume the "bearing" is in the very front between the plastic outer and metal drum? Or am I missing something.

If it's a new drum that's £150+, so a new washing machine!

Cheers

Peter

2. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    The bearing will be at the back. It might be that Indesit don't supply a bearing kit but would say you have to replace the whole drum !
    If I recall one of our previous machines was an Indesit and that had a cast ally spider mounted across the back of the outer drum. This cracked and caused the drum to drop (like a worn bearing) causing rubbing of the inner drum to the outer. Fixed it a couple of times but wife got fed up being without machine so got replaced (the machine not the wife!)
    It should be possible to look in back to see whats what.
    Youtube for "Indesit drum bearing replacement" ?

3. R-D-R Forum Supporter

If its like our AEG then its all embedded in the drum and you can't split it. Its a whole new drum, i replaced ours not so long back, 2 months later the control board went pop so its gone to washing machine heaven!

4. R-D-R Forum Supporter

dobbslc likes this.
  5. gaz1

gaz1 Member

your missing something

6. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

We've just had our whole drum assembly replaced in our Indeset under warranty as the bearing went. If they do it under warranty then I'd say it's all in one.

7. R-D-R Forum Supporter

Looks like that indecent tub can be split then, our AEG was plastic welded all round.

8. Do what I do, chuck it outside and leave it for the scrap man then nip down to curry's and buy a new one for 230 odd quid fit it with new guarantee, job done.

9. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

as above any more than £50 on a washing mechine over a year old cant be assed in the scrapy new mechine 6 people in the house 2 days with no washing mechine the kitchen is full of washing

10. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

You get a 10 year warranty on Miele, but starting at seven hundred odd quid I'd be a bit miffed if it needed warrantying. :ashamed:

11. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

If you go to the effort of changing the bearing also replace the spider / stub shaft, the shaft is always knackered where the seal rides, without replacing it the new bearing is going to have a very short life.
    I did one several years ago, it's loads of work on an old machine and I wouldn't hurry to do it again.

Advertisements