I got the welder, Clarke 151, a few weeks ago and had a try with the disposable CO2 bottle it came with. As a compete welding virgin I was chuffed just to get some beads on the sheet metal. As you can see it’s not the prettiest and probably wouldn’t hold much together. CO2 disposable Topside. Lots of distortion as I was welding too close to the last one and not allowing it to cool down. Underside, little penetration. I realised the disposable CO2 wasn’t that good as the flow was pretty weak and will be expensive to run. I got a 5% CO2/Argon hobby bottle and regulator and running it at around 20ltr/min, probably too much gas feed. The welds today looked a bit better and a little more consistent CO2/Argon topside Underside with penetration I’m not too sure how penetration I should be getting. I thought the bead below was my best Topside Underside All the welds are on 1.2mm sheet steel with a 0.6mm wire. Please let me know how I’m doing and what I should be.