Tig AC/DC

1. GreenHornet New Member

Hi welders. Im new on forum. And this is my first topic
    Im looking tig ac/dc welder for small shop 230v. And my bydget is max £2000. Im weld most aluminium it's a 70% rest 30% is stainless steel. Work time an welding is 8 to 12 hours a day.
    My choice is batwine
    https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/tig-welder-ac-dc-210a-digital-tig-210ext/

https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/tig-welder-ac-dc-260a-digital-tig260ext/

https://www.rapidwelding.com/dynamic/DisplayItem.aspx?c=CK-MT200-ACDC&zl=2

Or just wait little bit more time and save more money to bay somthing better than this tig welder from link??
    Regards

P.s Sorry my English im learn write and try not use translator.

2. chris pruteanu Member

You need a professional machine in order to survive a 8-12 hour day, i reckon you need to either up your budget or buy an industrial machine- rtech's are light duty welders though!

3. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Continuous welding, or mostly? You'd probably be worth looking at a water cooled machine, or machine with an add on cooler.

addjunkie likes this.
  4. brockenhammer Member

Hi,

I would go for a Stel 221 if you would like to buy new. Very nice working machine of great quality. Made in Italy and sold under HTP label in the states. Has a great reputation there.

Then add a watercooler (maybe something you could build yourself or buy a used one) as soon as possible and a little torch llike CK20 and a pedal (SSC pedals without plugs are quite cheap and the plug is cheap also, so you could mach it to the Stel).

5. Richard.

Richard. Member

If you’ve got £2k to spend then I’d not bother with anything you’ve linked to there. The Rtechs serve a decent purpose for men in sheds and projects but they ain’t daily arc blasters
    Ck don’t make welders. They make cracking torches but that’s a product that’s been bought in and logo’d to fill an unnecessary product gap. It’s expensive too.
    I work for Lorch UK and our flag ship welder in your description is the 220T control pro. Sadly it doesn’t find its way into a £2000 budget but what we also have which is much closer to your target is the handytig 200 ac-dc. This machine is in our the range to give people daily use professional kit but at a price that doesn’t cost as much as the T. All the bells and whistles are still there it’s a fully adjustable digital power source.
    @Brad93 bought one a few years back now. Here’s his thread. It’s a great little write up.
    https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/new-tig-lorch-ht200.67045/

6. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Avoid the R-Tech machines. Ideal for occassional - light professional use but not dependable past that.

Obviously your budget is quite tight for professional work. What thickness do you weld most of the time?
    The Lorch handy tig 200 is a cracking tool.

Richard. likes this.
  7. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    you're going to want to up your budget a bit and buy something like this:

http://www.weldtech.co.uk/Deal-of-t...ggvZ62SKUGfFr5zOiMlvV7H0HEM1FiYUaAuWaEALw_wcB

single phase, 220 amps, decent duty cycle for single phase (150a @60%), water cooled, and decent brand. And even this is at the "cheaper" end of the scale. It's where my money would go, though.

If it's getting used 8-12 hours a day then you can DEFINITELY justify spending more than £2k!

EDIT: just been looking at the Lorch price and spec, probably the best you can possibly get for single phase power and duty cycle. Buy a water cooler and you'll still end up under the £3500 mark.

8. brockenhammer Member

The Stel I mentioned is on sale with pedal at the moment in britain.
    Add 200bucks for a used cooler and you will hardly find a better deal.

https://stel-welding.co.uk/product/tig-dp-221-hpa-ac-dc-inverter-dual-230v-110v-1-phase/

There are some reviews of the HTP labelled version at youtube. Many happy users and there are some preferring that machine over Dynasty 200 and 210.

I found mine very cheap second hand in germany where the machine is not very common. Thats allways a chance to find something decent for great money. Rehm, EWM, Fronius and the other well known brands are often used still very expensive.

9. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

Dont forget that price is plus 20% vat.

10. brockenhammer Member

Yes, but if he runs a business it and earns some money with it, it doesn´t matter.

11. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Another couple to throw into the mix to confuse you even more - GYS TIG 207 AC/DC and the Oxford TIGMAKER 220E or 270E AC/DC. The GYS is a very nice little compact unit, very easy to use and some real good features for less than £2000 all in. The Oxford is a big robust machine, really well made, not so many bells and whistles as others but they weld well and are built to last.

12. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The lorch is a much better machine than that CaddyTig unfortunately not the machines they once were.

Richard. likes this.
  13. minimutly Member

I was recommended a Lorch single phase mig the other day - the guy raved about it.

14. ronan

ronan Member

dublin
    Second hand miller/fronius/lincoln ?

decca likes this.
  15. Richard.

Richard. Member

We do some beautiful transformer migs. The mpro 252 is a little cracker. Amazing buttery smooth spray transfer from 230v.

Tom Orrow L and 123hotchef like this.
  16. 123hotchef Member

@minimutly I have a Lorch single phase mig it is a great machine

Richard. likes this.
  17. 123hotchef Member

thats the set I have too

Richard. likes this.
  18. Richard.

Richard. Member

Really. Yeah it’s a super set. Is yours the control pro panel

19. 123hotchef Member

It's the synergy one 20190211_192506.jpg

Richard. likes this.
  20. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yep that’s the boy. Control pro. Very nice set.
    We got one in last year. Matt and I pushed it waaaaaaaaay beyond its max output just to see what we’d get and although it wasn’t a weldable condition we got nearly 400 amps out of it on a single phase supply.

Tom Orrow L and 123hotchef like this.
Advertisements