Last year I bought a Migatronic Rallymig 161i which was just about brand new (the guy had welded some hinges with it before sadly passing away). I bought it and got it home, it did one weld and then died. No idea why, the machine was essentially new but after the old guy died it sat in the box for a couple of years so no warranty. I got on to Migatronic who put me on to Drayton Welding who kindly sent me a fault finding flowchart and schematic. Anyway, long story short, it seemed that the inverter board was fine but the control board was faulty. This a little pair of boards behind the buttons on the front panel. Drayton said they would look out for a used board for me out of a machine with a blown inverter. So, that's what I got in the post this week, a new control board. Slightly different to mine in that it doesn't have the SD card but that's just for firmware upgrades so doesn't affect the operation. I fitted the boards and the welder sprung into life! It was late and I couldn't find anything suitable to weld to I ran a few short tacks along the front of my bench where the top was lifting, and a couple of small runs on some scrap plate at higher power just to make sure it copes with full whack. So thanks go to Ed Drayton for sourcing me a board at a small fraction of the £200 new cost, and for his patient fault-finding with me on the phone and via email.