TEC ARC 256T TIG

1. Troy Member

Nice freebie ,
    I sat for a good few hours tracing wires on a old mandrel tube bender for a friend
    to find why it wouldn't work, turned out to be a feed to a prv and a faulty coil on a contactor.
    He gave me this yesterday as a thank you tecarc 256t tig/stick set,

Anybody else own one?

Does anyone have a manual for it please?
    I don't a have 3 phase at home so I wonder if it can be run single phase like my lincoln v200?

Many thanks Troy

• 20191201_122529.jpg
  2. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

An email to TecArc should get you the manual.
    Regarding the single phase, probably not.

3. Troy Member

I
    I'll drop them one on Monday I was just curious if any one had one laying about while I had some free time, today

Would be a shame if I couldn't single phase it as I'm sure it would be a decent bit of kit for free gratis

4. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

I have no idea how good it would be, I did hear it was a rebadged Chinese welder but not sure how reliable that information was.
    I used to have a 250Amp TecArc Tig and it was a nice machine but it was one of their square wave transformer based ones. The only reason I got rid of it was its size and weight.

5. Troy Member

Tbh I'll probably never use it I've got. Lincoln v200that I got for.free and it occasionally gets used as a stick set but I don't tig so I might have to try it out at some point

Advertisements