Stainless Steel Sheet Suppliers

1. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

Been asked to knock up some carcass trays for the back of an L200 out of Stainless.

Assuming 316 or 304 will do for the job, but for the life of me I can’t find a realistic price online so I can chuck a quote together.

Wanting two sheets of 2mm at 2000x1000, a bit of 20mm tube for some handles, and some filler rods or mig wire for the job.

Prices online are out of this world, I think buymetalonline were after £400 PLUS VAT!! :o

Tried to ring Kass today, in Scunthorpe, but they seemed less than interested in giving me a price unless I spent £500 with them. :mad:

So, any decent suppliers about? Don’t mind paying a little extra for delivery or even collecting it myself to be honest, but anything over £300 in materials and I might as well buy then from Donington Deer and put a bit on top :whistle:

2. Migmac

Migmac Member

Just cut down an IBC

steviec_lj likes this.
  3. steviec_lj

Nice idea, I suggested plaster/mortar mixing trays you see on large projects, but..

They’ve got to be food hygiene safe, and pass an inspection, apparently. :dontknow:

4. Richard Austin alloys
    Aalco
    Rightons

steviec_lj likes this.
  5. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Aalco

Useless **Language** on the end of the phone though.

steviec_lj and scott0031 like this.
  6. nickk Forum Supporter

Klokner.

steviec_lj likes this.
  7. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

Ha ha these online places are crazy.
    Try Richard Austin Alloys if they have a depot anywhere near you, got a 2m x 1m x 3mm DP 304 a few weeks back for £118 plus VAT

steviec_lj likes this.
  8. Migmac

Migmac Member

We just put the deer in the back of the pickups, they have the liners in them. Get washed and disinfected after every use. Nobody comes to inspect them.

steviec_lj likes this.
  9. steviec_lj

RAA may be getting quite a bit of business, I believe Leeds is the closest, and they came in at less than £100 inc for a 2000x1000x2mm sheet of 304 :thumbup:

Thanks @Hood

Hood likes this.
  10. steviec_lj

Suggested both of your inputs :thumbup: await a reply. But, I know this guy isn’t one to wash anything if he can help it, I’ve done 95% of the work on his farm. Inspecting equipment is the last of his priorities unfortunately, followed closely by cleaning up.

May have done myself out of the job with the suggestions, :ashamed: hopefully :ashamed:

11. -Matt- Member

Austins came in at £350 cheaper than Aalco for 12 lengths of 30x30 304 box for something we're making at the moment (you've seen the stuff we do Stevie) which is a huge saving and shows just how much Aalco stick on top.

steviec_lj likes this.
  12. Funnily enough i had an Raa rep come in today I said I preferred to use them due to service (free next day here) and the price difference to aalco and he told me they all buy from the same mill anyway.

Advertisements