snap on 2135 mig welder

1. snoop Member

hi i bought a snap on 2135 without a torch, i have another to wire in but not sure where the wires go inside the welder.
    anyone know or have a wiring diagram/pics?
    thanks

2. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    I take it it's a hard-wired torch. Why was the original removed?

3. snoop Member

was stollen and thats how it got it back thanks

4. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Snoop Welcome :hug: Is there anything left of the ori wires? ie was ori just chopped off? How many wires does the new tourch have (3?) 2 for feed switching (on/off) and 1 for power upto the tip (weld power) prob thicker wire than other 2. Any pics?

5. snoop Member

mig

hi no wires or sign of where they were, think the new torch has 2 wires. i will take some pics.
    thanks

6. rikrobson

rikrobson Member

IIRC this was a later model of the cebora/boc/snapon 130. One of those torched should work, but they are expensive. if the welder is ok then a eurotorch conversion might be the answer

7. snoop Member

mig

hi yes i did consider changing to a euro torch, but still dont know where i wire it into inside the welder as there is no trace of where the wires used to be.
    thanks

8. snoop Member

mig

heres some pics

• 007 (3).jpg
    • 006 (3).jpg
    • 005 (4).jpg
  9. Wozzaaah

Wiltshire, UK
    I find it odd that someone steals a welder then removes the torch. :rolleyes:
    Call me cynical but I hope you didn't pay much for it and hope the replacement torch didn't cost too much. ;)

10. Country Joe Argoshield Dark

And then puts it back too!
    CJ

11. snoop Member

that was the story the previous owner told me, thought it was worth a gamble as i only paid £31 for the welder, torch was a tenner second hand so welder only owes me £41. welder powers up fine.
    thanks

12. Wozzaaah

Wiltshire, UK
    In which case you've probably got yourself a bargain. ;)

13. snoop Member

mig

yes if someone on here can help out with the wiring issue? thanks

14. snoop Member

snap on 2135

hi any got a snap on 2135?? could you tell me where the torch wires go to inside the machine?

15. Bamo New Member

Late i know butnworth sharin oncage anyone ever needs to know.... i wamt toncovert to euro torch, thick black cable comes through and bolts to rectifier. Anone any idea how to wire a euro torch? Current welding torch has one thin cable and a thick cable to rectifier

• 20200910_162109.jpg
  16. a111r Member

Lots of conversions on here, if you have a search.

The voltage cable on the rectifier will bolt to the Euro's 'stub' and join up somehow with one of the torch wires (often at the rectifier connection).
    The other torch wire connects to the existing wire to the PCB.

Doesn't matter which torch wire you use. The trigger is basically shorting the two torch wires together to feed DC welding voltage to the PCB

Advertisements