sky tv

1. lotus 30

lotus 30 classic car enthusiast mostly lotus

Thought i would ask on here as its a brill forum SKY TV If i drop sky can i use the box and dish to get free view and is euro sport on free view as i park me bum and watch all of Le Mans live that is why i pay sky at the moment Saves the hassle of going to the race i must have been 20 times love that race.i live in a valley in wales now there is a suprise normal TV is no signal.

2. tom 748

tom 748 Member

yes,you get some channels

lotus 30 likes this.
  3. aguycalledsteve

aguycalledsteve Member

Freesat receivers will work with exisiting sky antennas. Also ZGemma boxes can use them, I have one for the freesat stuff and for IPTV.

lotus 30 likes this.
  4. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    You'll be able to stream all that live on the net if you look around,this all depending on your broadband of course

5. ballibeg Member

Pay £25 one off for a card and you can watch the free channels but no HD or recording

6. lotus 30

Ok learning curve is that the way to go forget it and just stream of the net. I am going to change from sky

7. Nell#2

Nell#2 Member

Sky Q is s no as it will be returned
    ShyHd is good to go

lotus 30 likes this.
  8. I cancelled Sky five years ago, disconnected telephone so they cannot spy on me with send back and still watching all the freeview channels and some which are not bound by Sky. By the way I am still using old card. I expect they will turn it off sometime and want £25 for a freeview card, but I have had five years free.

lotus 30 and dobbslc like this.
  9. The card does nothing whatever except change the default region to wherever the card is registered. Pull the card out, all channels will be there but the 101 and 103 channels will change to London. The regional channels will then be found on channels 980 upwards.

eSCHEn, eLuSiVeMiTe, Wallace and 2 others like this.
  10. ronan

ronan Member

dublin
    I thought iptv was gone ?

11. aguycalledsteve

aguycalledsteve Member

There's still a lot of folk selling them. I use a company that advertises on Facebook. A lot of folk have gone though.

12. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Put it this way,i watch my teams games live(chelsea),thats every match they play,yes even on a saturday,all at home streamed live.goes for all sport,lappy hooked up to the tv,BOOM:thumbup:
    Its out there,just do a little research;)
    And its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

13. lotus 30

Well well just tried it you don't loose much in channels without the card in i have never tried it before thats why it is best to ask. i can always pay for a month to watch LeMans lol. Thank you all great help.

14. lotus 30

Hence the post research is happening as we speak thanks andy

Shedendman likes this.
  15. seanc Member

northants
    you can subscribe directly with eurosport for £40 a year and stream directly to your tv

lotus 30 likes this.
  16. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

17. gaz1

gaz1 Member

get an amazon stick open it up watch what you want when you want all for free just like the above statement most things can be found for free

you had a taste of that effect when i was there watching stuff for free while you went to pictures i sat at home watching it :D

lotus 30 likes this.
  18. lotus 30

Typical just spent an hour trying to cancel sky online it just sent me round in circles. really bad trying to cancel. if i phone them 7p a minute and some are on there for 90 mins its a joke. off to the bank and cancel the DD. that should get some attention LOL.

19. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Don't as they may still charge you and become a bigger issue. Cancel via the online help, email of letter.

How do I cancel?
    Sky customers can cancel by calling 03300 413 018 or using the live chat function on the website. They can also email mysky@sky.uk or write to Sky Subscribers Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD.

Those emailing or writing will need to provide their name, address, postcode and telephone number. Sky said that the notice period will only begin from when they receive the letter, not when it is posted, and that it might take five days for them to reply.

As a warning, customers cancelling in writing will still have to endure a phone call with Sky, as it says it will need to call you back to confirm your details, to ensure it can “verify your account information”.

It said: "We normally need to speak to customers who write or email to ensure we have identified the right account and to verify that the person requesting the cancellation has authority to do so – this is designed to protect customers from the consequences of unauthorised cancellation.

"We endeavour to reply within five days of receiving a letter or email and may call to verify the cancellation request. Once verified, the notice period will be effective from the date we received the letter or email."

20. Don't cancel the DD that will cause problems. The only thing that they have no defence to is "I'm moving to Spain next week and want to take it with me to use there".

They will throw up their collective hands with horror and tell you that you will be hung, drawn and quartered for even considering it. "As you are intending to do that, we will have to cancel your service".

lotus 30 likes this.
Advertisements