shortage of materials

1. brightspark

brightspark Member

just got a new tall larder fridge from my mates shop . took 4 weeks to get it . most his stuff is a couple of weeks to get . now its getting worse as most of the parts that firms had have run out of stock so the new appliances cant be built :(went to the autojumble today and the paint guy I know wasn't there. last month he said he was running out of stock as he had sold it all so never went today . its not getting better far from it

2. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

Ive got to wait 8 weeks for 2 pallets of felt (brindle colour)...Loads of company's still on furlough apparently which i think is getting a bit silly now..A lad can sit in the boozer but cant go and graft with the same lads he,s boozing with.. :confused::vsad:

zx9, stuvy, nickk and 5 others like this.
  3. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

Went to pick up some fencing materials the other day, there was so little in the yard which is normally rammed I asked if they were shutting down. Turns out that most of their stock comes from Wales but the welsh have been dossing for the last few months ;)

Bob

Lewis_RX8, stuvy, northwest and 2 others like this.
  4. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

My lad is doing up a house........he bought a pallet load of plaster and when he had finished he put the remainder up for sale......someone offered him more than he paid for the whole pallet

zx9, stuvy, Parm and 5 others like this.
  5. brightspark

brightspark Member

dudes were selling plaster the other month 40 quid a bag :o:vsad:

stuvy likes this.
  6. roofman

Went to Wales today for a bike ride with a few lads and the wife..stopped at a roadside cafe near Porthmadog (those who know will know) and had a takeaway bacon batch and coffee but no sitting at the outside tables but the wall was ok:( the best bit is the toilets are out of bounds but an area over the road behind an old shed in some bushes was fine and we were told to use that,including the wife:vsad:. getting really silly now and a bit out of hand.

stuvy, northwest, daleyd and 3 others like this.
  7. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

@roofman Don't get me started, Currently travelling round Europe & the variety in attitudes from place to place, country to country is unbelievable

stuvy and roofman like this.
  8. brightspark

brightspark Member

the wholesalers I use have a table so that if u return anything it has to be left 24 hours before they can re stock it best laugh is theres delivery trucks going there umpteen times a day dropping of gear then put in stock instantly and passed over to you. we have to wear masks but the staff don't :dontknow:its stupidity everyone should wear them or not bother at all

stuvy, Jbo2231, northwest and 2 others like this.
  9. MattF

MattF Member

It's all been silly since day one.

zx9, stuvy and Maker like this.
  10. Mick Annick

Mick Annick Member

Ashley

I hadn’t realised you’d set off, where are you now? You need to start a thread on your travels please!

zx9 likes this.
  11. Jacktegla

Jacktegla Member

If you don't mind me asking which cafe ? I'm always coming between home and Porthmadog.

12. earthman Member

I agree, but let's face it, that's just one example of stupidity that governments around the world have come out with for months now.:dontknow:

I do wonder, can they all really be that inept at their jobs or is this really a 'plandemic' rather than 'pandemic' after all.

brightspark likes this.
  13. roofman

no naming fella,keeps it nice that way;)

Jacktegla and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  14. MattF

MattF Member

You think he's going to tell you which bush women are shaking the lettuce behind, after a statement like that? :D

15. Woody.v8

Woody.v8 Blue gluer

As long as they stamp their feet its ok :whistle:

colnerov, eLuSiVeMiTe and MattF like this.
  16. Jacktegla

Jacktegla Member

Fair enough. It just doesn't sound like any places I've passed before.

DecK and roofman like this.
  17. sako243

sako243 Member

If it's anything like around here it's because we used it all up during lockdown and there's none left for the dirty English
    :scared:

Seriously though the amount of maintenance work and the like that went on its ridiculous. E.g. neighbours son couldn't do his normal work going into houses so was at home and the amount of fencing, re roofing, hedge trimming etc that went on was incredible (mind you it needed to be done in this instance ).

stuvy and mike os like this.
  18. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    Ive temporarily jumped out of my carpentry and building work and im back tree climbing. Been offered good money and loads of subby work, the abseiling is picking up again aswell.

I think building is going to see a decrease in prices as people get desperate

Just got enough multi to please one customer plaster has been a nightmare

roofman, stuvy, mike os and 1 other person like this.
  19. Morrisman

Morrisman Forum Supporter

The new glazing units I had fitted two weeks ago apparently had to sit for five days, for hygiene purpose, in the warehouse, before they could fit them in my house.

I had two forms, and two online ‘interviews’ about Covid, security, personal safety etc etc, before the guys would be allowed to fit them.

When the guys turned up to install them you’d think it was just another normal day, no masks, no drama, no distancing etc etc. Job done in two hours.

If I didn’t know better, if my ex wife NHS worker hadn’t been off sick with Covid for 8 weeks, then I’d seriously think the whole thing IS a government scam.

mtt.tr likes this.
  20. brightspark

brightspark Member

ive never stopped working. quite a lot of old folk mainly fixing faults on wiring replacing faulty lights the only thing I don't do is give em a hug and a kiss and keep a yard away . its impossible not to go anywhere without touching stuff anywhere then poke your nose scratch your bum or rub your eye . I got a kit given other week and tested ok :dontknow:touch wood how long for I don't know . just get on with life or it wont be worth living

mtt.tr likes this.
Advertisements