Servicing a hydrovane

1. Paulbarrett

Paulbarrett Member

im picking up a used hydrovane HV01 today.
    Will want to service it, anyone on here done one, straightforward? Anything to look out for

2. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

3. WorkshopChris Forum Supporter

If you can get a genuine service kit, lots on eBay with cheap copy parts, lots of problems with separator filters failing on the fake filters.
    Do you know its service history?
    Not sure if www.compressorman.co.uk will sell service kits to fit yourself? But they are the hydrovane experts.

4. jordhandson Member

By the look of the hydrovane HV01 it should be straight forward, I would say go for a reputable suppliers and let them know you've just bought the compressor and need the service kits and the like and ask them for a manual, the ones we have used in the past are normally only to glad to send you a PDF copy so as you get the correct filters and oil that the most important items with these hydrovanes.
    Here is a picture of mine in for a service.

Cheers jord
    M11_0041.JPG

5. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    It's dead easy, the kit normally includes oil separator, foam filter,seals and a pressure gauge plus oil.

This is the one I used
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maintena...fit-Hydrovane-Model-5-15-501-502/182005613382

One thing to be aware of don't undo the filler until the pressure has bled down or it will spray oil everywhere.

What I did when I got mine was run it up to temperature and used it's own tank pressure to power my air powered oil sucker. It meant less mess as I didn't need to undo the drain plug.

I bought 5L so I can change it a few times.

If you are going to a hydrovane from a piston pump you'll enjoy the quiet but they do need to be run up to temperature. Firing them up for 5mins to pump some tyre up doesn't do them any good.

compressorman is a good site but it seems they think that any Hydrovane that wasn't bought from them will be a piece of junk.

6. Paulbarrett

Paulbarrett Member

Thanks for the info guys.
    Just fired it up, crikey what a difference!

7. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I've got the workshop manual on CD somewhere

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  8. scottmk1

scottmk1 Forum Supporter

Scotland
    I have an older HV04 (blue upright plastic fronted case) if yours is similar I can send you the manual for that.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  9. Paulbarrett

Paulbarrett Member

45F17806-EC2D-4FAE-9C9E-35303541BD33.jpeg

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements