Self retracting hose

1. Micksea New Member

Anyonext got any recommendations or know of any good deals on a 15m self retracting airline with 1/4" quick disconnects purely for light use.

2. gaz_moose Member

ive a Wolf one from aldi that I got years ago and its still working fine.

3. jsf55

jsf55 Forum Supporter

Farside likes this.
  4. brightspark

brightspark Member

not much cop for spraying they collect water in the coils :)

jsf55 likes this.
  5. Micksea New Member

Thanks,this forum is already saving me money and gleaned some great information in a couple of days,great bunch of knowledgeable people here

Arc Tourist and dobbslc like this.
  6. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

is that the same for any long hose or just as its coiled ?

7. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

The workzone ones are good value at £20, its that thin pliable flexible hose. Probable no good for driving over but adequate for a machine shop.

Bob

[​IMG]

MCKDAVID likes this.
  8. jsf55

jsf55 Forum Supporter

Oh, I don't think i'll be using it for spraying anything, more like air tools and pumping tyres up

9. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    I've sprayed for years using retractable reels. In fact, the last few times I've used the fixed retractable line plugged into a second portable retractable line. No issues. The main idea is that you trap the water before it gets to the line... which is true of any air line.

10. MCKDAVID Member

aye they're not bad, useless for rattle guns or anything requiring a decent flowrate though. The small hose ID strangles them. I installed one in the workshop, quickly got reinstalled outside for inflating tyres, and blow guns etc. can't fault them at the price though, the industrial version of the same thing in 1/2" is about 10 times the price...

8ob likes this.
  11. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Me too, there is way too much scare mongering about this kind of thing. I remember my mate going to a place to get some fitting so he could run braid hose around his workshop. The chap told it would all need to be completely level or water would collect. I fully understand that mositure can form but you should allowing for that anyway. People often talk like water will sit in the hose and 100PSI 10cfm of air will just blow over it and pick up a bit at time, it's total nonsense.

I have 3 retractables and they are fine, all you need to do if you have concerns is stick a blow tool on the end and aim it at some cardboard, it will be very clear when the initial residual moisture is gone.

Compressed air is not new technology, every body shop on the planet has been using it for decades.

Munkul likes this.
  12. MoreWellie Member

+1, I have one on the garage ceiling at the back of the door and it is good for pulling outside for tyre pumping, think it has been there about 8 or 9 years now

8ob likes this.
  13. Micksea New Member

I ordered one of the 15m metre ones linked above when I got in from work this morning,along with some other bits

14. pawsnizzy Forum Supporter

Same here

15. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Much easier to get out and put away than normal hose but I often end up with mine fully extended and wrapped around everything in the workshop :laughing:

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  16. jsf55

jsf55 Forum Supporter

20190918_162412.jpg
    Got mine out of the box and found a suitable place to mount it, just need money for the rest of the air stuff !

8ob likes this.
  17. Micksea New Member

Looks like I'll need to order a longer connecting hose I'm going to mount mine at that height and my tank is on the floor.

18. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I would move the stop clamp further down the hose it will achieve two benefits, firstly it will stop the hose feeling so cumbersome,secondly it will mean you don't need to reach up to grab it.

Micksea, jsf55, Maker and 1 other person like this.
  19. Micksea New Member

Hose reel arrived and is mounted,compressor is connected to reciever tank.Just waiting for an elbow for my outlet and need to order a 3mm hose to connect reciever tank to reel,jobs and good un'

20. qwakers Member

got this one on my lorry. note the solonoid and isolator cos i dont trust it not to rupture when im driving and cause me to lose my brakes :D
    685C3830-A685-4D82-87DF-94490D6B42A7.jpeg

jsf55 likes this.
Advertisements