Sealey Mighty Mig turbo 100xt

1. Gerrie Member

south wales
    SEALEY MIGHTY MIG TURBO 100XT

First of all, please excuse my total ignorance in the matter of welding. I am posting this message for a neighbour who doesn't have the technology!
    He has come into possession of the above machine and doesn't know what wire to use, I hope that's the right question and I promise I won't understand the answer, I'll just print it out and pass it on!!!! :roll:

Many thanks,
    Gerrie.x.

2. jolly_roger187

jolly_roger187 Member

Nottingham
    Right then, about your question......

First of all your neighbour needs to determin what material he is welding;
    Stainless, mild, aluminium ect..... Then he would need to choose the size of wire he wants to work with, .6 or .8mm preferably. It's hard for me to say, It would be a help if we knew what he was doing really.

3. malcolm

malcolm & Clementine the Cat

True enough he would need different wire for different things. Probably he is welding steel, so that narrows it down to steel wire. Next he's probably welding without gas, in which case he would need flux cored wire. The only remaining choices are in wire diameter. I'm not sure what diameters fluxed wire omes in but it'll either be 0.6mm or 0.8mm. The wire diameter should be marked on the side of the copper tip on the end of the welding torch.

Advertisements