Road Compressor Advice

1. mr haynes Member

Considering a cheap towable compressor as i don't always have access to electricity. Will be hobby use, sandblasting and powering tools.
    Looking for any advice, what to look for, brands, what should expect to pay, costs etc
    Thanks in advance

zzr1200 likes this.
  2. brightspark

brightspark Member

payed 150 quid for mine a 90cfm its old but hardly done any work .apart from blasting uneconomical and ott for standard airtools. big money if they go wrong

mr haynes and gordon stephenson like this.
  3. mr haynes Member

It's primary use would be blasting chassis and components. Unfortunately my storage doesn't have power supply.

4. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

mine's an Atlas Copco......had a recon 2cyl Diesel just fitted ....paid £1000........ a bit heavy (price) but I was desperate, just blown up 1 of my large elec compressors sand blasting a chassis....(running 2 elec comps together)
    nothing else really powers a sand blaster without elec.......
    hope ur far away from people as they drone on and on.......have a 100ft of the big air line for mine so with the extra 30m of 3/8 dia shop air line it runs at the other end of the works.......
    2 hours of that noise and u'll need a rest !!!!!!!!!

mr haynes and Matrixx like this.
  5. Matrixx

Matrixx Member

I used to work for Atlas Copco, they make very high quality products.

6. mr haynes Member

I have both 230v and 415v compressors in storage but, what from i've read on here, a generator isn't really an option to power them

7. brightspark

brightspark Member

90cfm minimum
    if its big enough it is

8. dannyp Member

the bigger genorators are the cheeper they get per KW, i payed less for my 150 KW set than my 6kw

Advertisements