Removing water from air

1. KSE39M5 New Member

Personally i have a regulator with water trap after the main compressor, this feeds into an air drying water trap () which works very well, then into a secondary 100 ltr air receiver. After this i go into a 3 stage filter, then i have a water trap on my gun.

Seadog likes this.
  2. brightspark

brightspark Member

I have a separator on the main tank and a secondary tank near the end of the line then another filter then out to the gun or tool the second tank can handle the water even after blasting using a large air flow of 28cfm :)

3. 8ob

8ob Forum Supporter

Buy a decent workshop heater or bring the whole lot to the Sarf to spray it :)

[​IMG]

500e likes this.
  4. I have a workshop heater.On another note i notice u pol do 2 different speeds of pannel wipe, should i be using the fast or slow?
    Edit, i went for slow as i will have more time to wipe off.

5. delta9 Member

I use fast for everything.

They use slow on larger panels, but you can use fast on large panels by degreasing it in smaller sections.

6. Just thought that as im doing a whole bumper and a bonnet id be as well with slow.

7. Was looking at a kit with 2x10m hoses with the water trap in the middle, i have 2 hoses, 1x1/4 and 1x1/2.So am i right in thinking 1/2 to water trap then 1/4 to gun with inline filter at the gun?

8. Yamhon likes this.
  9. brightspark

brightspark Member

10. Not much else i can do, for all ill use it i cant really justify spending a fortune.Wont there be less moisture on a hot day anyway or am i mistaken.

11. Yamhon

Yamhon Member

Isn't there a cheap way the pipes could be cooled without introducing other problems. Maybe something as simple as a shower head over the top of the pipes connected to a water catch basin underneath with a few froze ice blocks and a pump.

Or insulation, etc...

12. gaz_moose Member

blow a fan on them in the summer????????

13. premmington

premmington Member

14. brightspark

brightspark Member

cooling fan would work over the pipes I just use a secondary tank near the end of the line just sat on the floor then a second water separator

15. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

There's a lot more moisture in the air when it's hot. The least humid days are cold crips days, typical November weather.

Yamhon likes this.
Advertisements