Removing Nozzle From Hose

1. Pollys13

Pollys13 Member

I want to replace the tip with one with a different size bore. To get the original one in I ducked the end of the hose in hot water and pushed it in, fixed in place with a jubilee clip. Can't dip end in hot water as hose has grit in it. I have heard, a hair dryer can accomplish the same as hot water. The tip is 10 mm OD and is tungsten carbide. To help pull the tip out I was thinking of a pair of pliers but even though TC is hard, think tip is also brittle, so I could damage it, using pliers to help pull it out? Attached photo of hose in cabinet. Thanks.

• Hose In Cabinet..JPG
  2. brightspark

brightspark Member

just cut the end off and fit new one :)you will only loose an inch if its rubber pipe heating it wont soften it just use a bit of fairy liquid to fit new one put the carbide jet in the vice and shove it on hard carbide isn't brittle as long as you don't really over tighten the vice

3. Pollys13

Pollys13 Member

I've used hot water method in past to get tip in. I want to switch nozzles over, don't want fairy liquid in with the grit......
    I don't want bubbles :)

4. brightspark

brightspark Member

Christ a smear of neat liquid isn't going to make any odds :laughing: 1st time used and it will disappear just with a blast of air never mind grit going through @100 mph @90 psi

5. Pollys13

Pollys13 Member

Um, ok thanks:)

brightspark likes this.
  6. hotponyshoes Member

Stick the end of the hose in a freezer bag (carrier bag/latex glove). Put a cable tie around it if you are scared.
    Dunk the lot in hot water.

stuvy likes this.
  7. Pollys13

Pollys13 Member

Brilliant, thanks.

8. hotponyshoes Member

Rather than use pliers to pull it out just get whatever connector clips onto it, fit it and that will give you something to pull on.

Or a loop/slip knot in a bit of string onto it.
    Or put a bit of scrap hose over it and use the pliers over that.

9. the artfull-codger Member

Brightspark gives the answer in a sentence about 1 minutes work, when my propane hoses start to crack at the torch with constant flexing the rest of the hose is ok I just cut it off slit down with a stanley knife & a thin smear of fairy liquid & straight back on job done.

10. Pollys13

Pollys13 Member

Cheers.

11. Pollys13

Pollys13 Member

Thanks.

Advertisements