Recommend a camera scope?

1. Gragson

Gragson Forum Supporter

Got a bendy camera scope which I've had for about 4 years and served well for what I needed but the head is too big for getting into smaller areas, need something that will go down around 6mm - 8mm OD at max. Needs to work with the win7 USB old workshop laptop. Max budget £50. Any recos gents?

2. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance, flood are hard to start

5.5mm camera seems to be the smallest for that sort of money the problem is the depth of field & viewing angle with cheap non adjustable cameras, tried a few, not impressed.
    It is a pain if 2mm makes the difference between fuzz & in focus

Gragson likes this.
  3. Gragson

Gragson Forum Supporter

4. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

5. Kram

Kram Member

Ive got one of the 5 quid chinese things, works well, did the job as a camera , quality was adequate. Will plug into your phone usb. Use with an app like cameraFi - also allows recording.

I removed the case and outer lens which makes the 7mm version about 1.5mm smaller. You can turn the lens, on the camera chip, to adjust focus distance but I did not need to.

Two relevant points - Controlling the bloody thing. Its on a cable which has a slight curve to it. trying to feed it down a narrow hole with only a narrow gap for your fingers, and a narrower hole/step further on to negotiate...
    Having the led inside of the lens causes internal reflection. The last optic needs to be shielded from the light source for that to be any good - removing the outer lens will fix the problem but reduce waterproofing. However for the price I wouldnt care if it was disposable, cheap enough to replace if they get damaged.

Gragson likes this.
  6. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

I use a 10quid jobbie on my andriod phone. Istr thats 7mm. Excellent good image but a very narrow focal range

7. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance, flood are hard to start

Tape a length of welding wire to it unless you are drain inspecting

Robotstar5 likes this.
  8. Gragson

Gragson Forum Supporter

Was avoiding the phone jobbies for various reasons, should have said that at the outset, appreciate the feedback though :thumbup:
    Will pass on the toolzone one, but do appreciate the tip off also.
    Gonna make a £50 offer on the 3m snake one next pay day

Both kids cars broke down this weekend, I swear if I did not have bad luck I would have no luck at all..

Advertisements