Quiet compressor

1. northwest Member

I have been looking around for a quiet compressor for use at home to run the plasma cutter. I have a 25 ltre Jun-Air that I use on the pneumatic drawbar on the big Mill but this just doesn't have the CFM for the plasma. It requires 3.5 cfm according to r-tech and although this is not a lot, the Jun-Air just won't have it, I think it is 2.4 cfm.
    I have access to plenty of air when I need it but I would like to use the plasma in my home workshop once in a while so I have been looking around. The Wolf belt driven 100 litre unit seems to be well regarded but it might be more than I need so I have found THIS ONE
    Does anyone have any experience? It's not about the money, the Wolf unit I can get for another forty odd quid, it is more about portability and noise.

Bushy_1 likes this.
  2. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    Interesting design

[​IMG]

3. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

IF you look at the specs, further down the page it says 68dB :rolleyes:

fizzy likes this.
  4. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    An old school vtwin with a 1440 motor like an Ingersol. Conversation quiet

5. northwest Member

Would absolutely love one. However totally impractical for lots of reasons, especially size. Even at 68db it is miles away from the 97db of most of the offerings at this physical size. It appears to be twin diaphragm compressor heads, one feeding the other. It says they are cast iron piston in ally cylinder heads in the blurb but I just cannot see that, looks more like the reed valve type arrangement to me, but then I might be wrong. I would love to hear from someone who has one.

6. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England

Ive got an old one from the 70s installing it Saturday so will take some pictures as its a vertical cylinder its really compact. The silent compressors are good just low cfm

Typically the bigger and higher hp and slower motor the quieter.

Or the ultimate a single phase screw compressor

Advertisements