Printer Woes

1. Parm

Parm We Will Do Whatever It Takes

Ive got a HP Office Jet 200 portable printer.

Went to use it this evening and it’s dead, no lights at all

Watched the useless HP video and taken the battery out, changed power lead etc etc and nothing

Not much info on the WWW

I’ve tried swearing at it in English and still nothing, may try some choice Punjabi swear words in the morning

In the mean time is there anything else I can try!

2. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

3. Parm

Milkybars likes this.
  4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Is this a personal machine, or supplied for work use 'in the field'?

5. morssdn

morssdn Member

mtt.tr, Wany and Parm like this.
  6. Parm

It’s a work machine, I’ve logged a request but not expecting anything to happen quick.

IT folk are a little busy making adjustments to facilitate the entire civil service for home working

slim_boy_fat, ukracer and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  7. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

not a portable but when ours give a prob at home just bin it....sad to say.....
    we just make sure the colour cartridges are the same.........

slim_boy_fat and Parm like this.
  8. Kayos

Kayos Member

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

In all seriousness, I've had some very spendy photo printers in the past, they might last longer than cheap ones but they all just die eventually, often without warning

I had a mid range canon, was actually decent for prints as well, invested in a continuous ink system but one day nothing, just wouldn't turn on

9. Parm

UPDATE

It’s had a barrage of Punjabi swear words

It really is one of the best languages in the world to swear in as I can involve all members of the family with all sorts of acts

Still nothing, it’s broken !!!!

10. garethp Forum Supporter

sw scotland
    Since its dead I'd start by checking things with a multimeter. Fuse, output from psu (if its external) and what voltage the battery is at. I'll assume your competent to use a multimeter to check mains voltages :D

If they're ok or the psu is internal you're probably at the stage of having to open it up and start looking internally. Might be a plug has come off or something is broken.

Parm likes this.
  11. Parm

It’s internal PSU, cable and fuses ok, battery is dead. Won’t even fire up with mains and battery removed

As it’s a work unit I shouldn’t really start opening covers

garethp likes this.
  12. Bullet2012

Bullet2012 Member

Parm, would love to know some of those words, you know how to get them to me, but I bet it will look like it was written by a Dyslexic Newt.

mike os, eLuSiVeMiTe and Parm like this.
  13. Parm

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

14. Wightsparks

Wightsparks Forum Supporter

have you checked for power at the socket by plugging in something else ? Last week I was just about to start tearing down the washing machine before discovering that the actual socket switch was kaput - voltage present but a bad connection so dropped out under load.

Parm likes this.
  15. Parm

yep tried all that

16. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Haramjada Thing

Parm likes this.
  17. Wany Member

I had a quick look online and someone was saying to disconnect the wireless board inside then reconnect it.

Printers are the work of the devil, I only first came here to post the Office Space clip that @morssdn beat me to :). Percussive maintenance is the only solution. Do it in front of other printers so they learn you have no compassion and then they are less likely to act up.

morssdn, slim_boy_fat and Parm like this.
  18. Morrisman

Morrisman Forum Supporter

My pet hate: printers! They work great for weeks, months....then just when you really need it, it just refuses to cooperate.

I once threw a Lexmark scanner printer out of the bedroom printer the night before I was flying across the world, no boarding passes, no travel schedule, no US entry letters. :mad: It would work perfectly for a couple of weeks, then stop. The only way to get it going again was to totally remove it, then reinstall it. Then it would be good again, for a few weeks.

The final straw was when it simply refused to cooperate when I really needed it, so I killed it.

slim_boy_fat and Wany like this.
  19. Fraserb

Fraserb Member

Yeah my brother printer has chosen now to start playing up, worked faultlessly for years and now won't feed paper, says paper jam rear, open covers and nothing, repeat this 10 times then suddenly it'll print 30 sheets without fail the start playing up again, I'm taking a hammer home with me tonight.

Wany likes this.
  20. Pete.

Pete. Member

My Brother printer came with a sheet of card that you have to keep safe and use to clean the rollers when it starts doing that sort of thing.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a decent home office printer I can thoroughly recommend the Brother MFC-J6930DW. Prints, scans and copies A3 (including 2-sided scanning and copying) and had decent ink control. Doesn't break the bank at about £160+vat either. Viking have a £50 cashback offer going too.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements