powercraft combination 30-135/09 swan neck

1. andymc Member

hi guys,

dropped in on this forum after a long slog of a search for the swan neck fitting for the welder mentioned in the post title,

i believe this model welder has gone bust, i had acquired the machine in used condition and the chap before had abused the nozzle (see photo attached).

i have called aldi customer support, they say they did sell this model in 2009 but no longer stock nor sell spares for it direct to customers.. they did give me the following number 0844 875 0105 but after atleast 20 calls they dont seem to be answering the phone.

does anyone know where i can obtain a swan neck fitting for this model? i would also need the inserts and tip / sleeve for it (its my first welder and have never welded before so forgive me if my terminology is incorrect) the wire i have is 0.6mm

thanks in advance
    Andrew

DSC_0416.jpg DSC_0435.jpg

2. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

That looks suspiciously like the same casing and wheels found on my Clarke 135 TE MIG welder.

I think they are fairly standard sizes and fittings for that generic type of torch handle.

I'm sure some one more knowledgeable will come along and point you in the right direction

3. andymc Member

nice one Parm,

had a look and yes it does look similar, i just been down to the local diy store to check which size thread it is that screws into the square brass section located in the gun / handle, m8 is the size, pic attached

much appreciate the help, ive browsed through the forum, theres alot of knowledge here..

atb
    Andrew

• DSC_0455.jpg
  4. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Have you tried contacting Weldequip - link at top of page.

...and welcome to the forum.

5. andymc Member

thanks, have emailed them.

a

6. andymc Member

thanks for all the help everyone,

got into contact with Weldequip as RobotStar5 suggested, they are ordering the part that i need so should be with me soonish, then we will see!

cheers
    Andy

Member 66062 and Robotstar5 like this.
  7. andymc Member

Part received just under two weeks ago, despite the fact i told him it was an m8 thread he sent me an imperial thread of what looks to be 5/16, contacted the guy a few times now and no response.. i guess hes taken my money an run so i wouldn't recommend anyone shopping at Weldequip..

i will be sending the Flip flop he sent me to an engineer to get it rethreaded..
    hope that helps people who own the same powercraft welder as i.

8. weldequip Forum Sponsor

Do update everyone when the engineer tells you that it is an M8 thread, just a different pitch to the one you have (as explained on email).
    I've refunded your money, so a freebie for you, result.
    Note to oneself: Stop trying to help people with parts for oddball, discontinued or just plain unsupported kit. You don't have the time, invariably the parts are different...and you get little thanks.

Mee, tinker jim, More Amps and 3 others like this.
  9. andymc Member

thanks for getting back to me, i had mailed you a couple times with no response, everything you say is understandable.. if you have the right one id be willing to send this unit back and get the one i need, id be happy to send back the refund you processed.

the time spent is appreciated, i was concerned with loss of contact
    cheers
    Andy

Advertisements