Powercraft 30-135 Amps - First use today - Cold lap on 10mm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    My aim is to find out whether you're genuine or, as some members suspect, a troll.
    For the life of me I can't understand how you've supposedly been doing a job for the last 10 years but haven't picked up any of the technical aspects of it?

Please describe for us, in detail, your welding career to date. All of it, including the equipment you've used.

MattF likes this.
  2. Curiousgeorge Member

Ahhhh.....you have made my point perfectly!!!!!

Your turn now, eLuSiVeMiTe, you explain to me what point it is that you are trying to make by '4 odd months of threads. See a trend?'
    Come on, I'm calling you on this too, bully boy. Tell me, what do you actually mean by '4 odd months of threads. See a trend?', don't mess about, don't avoid it, actually say what you mean.......

3. Curiousgeorge Member

Nonsense. You've swerved the real truth here, which is, you made a pretty nasty comment and this is your get out clause. You've seen all the posts and threads I've started and you've seen my polite replies and my many thanks. To my knowledge, trolls don't do this. And I'm 99% sure you know this.
    In short, I welded in a factory for 10+ years but it was the same-old, same-old, virtually the same assortment of welds each day, no longer than 6cm, steel no more than 4mm, all with an industrial welder that was set up and ready to go. Finally I decided that I needed more than that. It wasn't that I was 'better' than that, it was that I wanted to be better than that. I have never owned my own welder so have had next to zero experience than factory life.
    However, this is the issue, as I have pointed out earlier, I am not afraid to ask naive questions. I've spent many, many years on various forums (PC/Laptop, Consumer Rights, etc) and I've seen people give the disrespectful answers like you have, and I've seen nice people then shy away from ever posting or asking what some would see as silly questions. Not me, I'll take a certain amount of ridicule for my questions, but only up to a point. You tipped me over the edge.

Here's my prediction for all to read. You will use the 'troll' excuse to kick me off here, when the real reason is that I've called you on your arrogant comments. Let's see what happens....

4. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

Bye.

Block button is ever so useful.

steviec_lj likes this.
  5. Curiousgeorge Member

EXACTLY......you just couldn't do it, could you? And why not? You know, I know, and everyone reading this knows.
    Shall I explain it, just for clarity? You are insinuating that I am not quite 'where it's at', intelligence-wise. You may well be right, but that is NO way to go about it on a public forum. Call it what you want, but it is, undoubtedly, a form of bullying.
    This sort of forum behaviour should always, always be called. Remember that, folks!

6. daleyd

daleyd Member

George, I’m not quite sure why you’ve taken offence, but mine was a genuine question as to how you are going to be able to teach something if you are not able to understand what is a very, very basic principle.

If you don’t know the basics of setting up a welder, how on Earth are you going to be able to make adjustments to compensate for different materials, consumables etc - as a welder of any capacity doing the job for 10 years I find it hard to fathom that you would not have previously at least tried to understand the process, or understand what settings might affect what.

Really I’d suggest that you start by reading the tutorials on the top of the page, they have 95% of the information you would need, but I’m honestly dumbstruck that I would need to point anyone that’s been doing the job of a welder to those...

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  7. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Homer+popcorn.gif

Kayos, steviec_lj and daleyd like this.
  8. eLuSiVeMiTe

Well there hardly 4 months worth of questions from an experienced welder.

Morbid curiosity got the better of me,

9. eLuSiVeMiTe

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  10. Curiousgeorge Member

You see this? Bullying, that's all it is. As I said, you who do this are pathetic and I'd bet a pound to a dollar that you wouldn't do it to people's faces. Guaranteed.
    You posting that GIF - let's look at it, shall we? You are insinuating that I'm as dumb as Homer.....what if I have had a phobia all my life about being 'slow' (I haven't, but that's not the point), how do you think that would make me feel? Pretty sad, pretty embarrassed and....maybe suicidal? Before you take the mickey out of that suggestion, let me tell you that I've known lads suffer due to less than that.
    Still think it's clever, slim boy?

11. Curiousgeorge Member

Soooo. you said 'bye' but then come back to try again? Good luck, son, you won't bully or embarrass me.
    Note to everyone reading this - see how he ducked my question about saying what he meant?
    You are pathetic, dude.

I've copied this whole thread and am going to use this as a good example of the bullying that goes on in forums.
    You think no one else will see this? Wrong. There are websites set up to help people who people like you attempt to hurt with your arrogant attitude.

Dude, there are things in life that I'm very talented at, it's just that welding isn't one of them. However, if you asked me a somewhat naive question about one of those things, no way would I respond as you have.
    Shame on you.

12. Curiousgeorge Member

This takes me back to my point that you just don't get - look at your comments, the above being a great example.
    Ask yourself - if a guy is struggling with something - what are your choices? Help him? Or ridicule him with quotes like 'I’m honestly dumbstruck that I would need to point anyone that’s been doing the job of a welder to those'......you carry on as you want, and I'm sure that you'll feel very big about yourself for the way you taunt.
    As I've said, it won't work on me....however, it will on some people and they'll feel like s**t because of it.
    How does that make you feel?

13. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

We'll leave it there.

Advertisements
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.