Post masters

1. stuvy

stuvy Member

dropped a pair of snow boots into the post office to send to London. Chap behind the counter said £24...

I had checked online and it should have been £13 he argued with me until I used my phone to prove him wrong

I normally use parcels to go but have no printer ink! No wonder there’s so few post offices

2. Migmac

Migmac Member

I might be wrong, often am, don’t you have to print the label to get the cheaper rate at the post office.

mtt.tr and slim_boy_fat like this.
  3. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

Wife's sent a few off from the post office for me and the price has been extortionate.
    Will check online next time round.

stuvy likes this.
  4. stuvy

stuvy Member

Not sure but what a farce

5. Migmac

Migmac Member

Yep, parcelfarce:laughing:

6. CompoSimmonite Member

I found a courier is often cheaper even if it's for something tiny

7. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

I went into a Post Office for a couple of £1 stamps and got the 3rd degree, "what are you sending and where are you sending it to?", my answer was "bye" :laughing: I then called into my local PO and they just gave me a couple of stamps.

8. MattH

MattH Member

We send hundreds of Royal Mail second class parcels. Before we got our franking machine we were purchasing Royal Mail labels online which saved about 10p per parcel.
    All of a sudden our customers started to get charged for underpaid postage.
    They had to go and collect their parcel from the sorting office and pay about £3 on a parcel that was costing £1.40 to send.
    As you can imagine these customers were coming back to us none to happy and we were having to re-emburse them. Some even said that they would never buy from us again (even after we showed them that the printed online label price was correct).

We complained to RM and after an investigation it seemed that an overeager employee in our local sorting office didn’t know that the online price was slightly cheaper and was slapping an “under-paid postage” sticker on our parcels.

After that it stopped happening, but no apology, no re-embursement and no compensation was given to us for the cost and loss of business.

RM are a joke and Post office counters LTD (which is a separate company) is no better.

DAPPH, slim_boy_fat and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  9. eLuSiVeMiTe

My wife likes to tell them she's sending sex toys.
    Look on there face is priceless.

jerrytug, Turbo, Migmac and 2 others like this.
  10. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

You've got a good un there - can't beat saying the unexpected to raise a reaction. :laughing:

Shortly after I moved here [I was aware I was the subject of 'speculation', being retired at 41] someone plucked up the courage to ask what my plans for the future were. Pretending to give it some thought, I said I had planned to open a brothel, but when I did my market research, I discovered there were too many enthusiastic amateurs to make it a viable prospect.

Their face was a picture..............:D

bigegg, DAPPH, zx9 and 11 others like this.
  11. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

I wish I could like that twice Slim :clapping:

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  12. WorkshopChris Forum Supporter

At our local post office, they would then give you full integration as to if it had any batteries. Every time they ask what I am sending I now say old books.

eLuSiVeMiTe and slim_boy_fat like this.
  13. slim_boy_fat

Depends who's behind the counter, but if I'm asked [not often] my stock answer is "machine parts".

14. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I sent a parcel to my mate, I sent it on a Friday signed for knowing the postie would wake him up. On the box I printed a sticker with "Another speedy delivery from UK Vibrators". Best bit was his wife answered the door in her dressing gown :laughing::laughing:

15. Migmac

Migmac Member

Has anybody had a parcel refused? I get asked every time what I’m sending, some of the stuff I send is odd. Body parts from deer for scientific research is one of my most odd. The counter staff don’t know wether to take me serious or not but they never refuse the parcel

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  16. eLuSiVeMiTe

That's genius.
    My wife is most amused and asked me to make some stickers.

bigegg likes this.
  17. premmington

premmington Member

I have been using Royal Mail Special Delivery at work for high value insured stuff.

Everything we send overseas - I have been using UPS.

Odd thing I send Parcelforce 48 - but not allot.

Cheap carriers scare me - people send me stuff by them - parcels arrive at odd times in estate cars and people carriers.

jerrytug and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  18. slim_boy_fat

Well....at least they arrive. :thumbup: They'll be 'delivery agents', working out of their garage to make local runs/deliveries, often in their spare time.

ukracer likes this.
  19. ukracer Forum Supporter

They would if it was a stick of TNT...

20. MattH

MattH Member

Years ago I made some captive wheel spacers for a Daytona 675 for a member of a motorbike forum.

A few weeks prior we had been involved in a thread regarding the then impending Scottish independence **********.
    This member was from Glasgow and was pro independence.

In good humour when I packaged up the spacers to send to him I printed Union Jacks out and wrapped the parcel with them.

A couple of days later he informed me that his Postie handed the parcel over as if it was from Al Qieda.

Much giggling ensued.

Stueeee, Wallace, Turbo and 1 other person like this.
Advertisements