Plaque

1. p0689109 Member

Is there anybody interested/able/willing to make a plaque/shelf for a flower holder trough I have had made for my mothers grave. It would be a plate 45x9x5 cm the 5 being the length of the 4 legs one at each corner. The plate would have her name "Doris" cut out so that the bulbs would sprout through from the trough in the shape of her name. I would like it in stainless so as not to rust.

2. Paul.

Paul. Moderator Staff Member

The best way would be to draw something up and send to to a laser cutter to be profiled, then stick 4 legs on, would this not be a target for metal thieves though, I could put you in touch with a company that would make a stylish laser cut plastic one for a fraction of the price of stainless and will be less attractive to thieves.

Parm, the snooper and brightspark like this.
  3. AdrianH Forum Supporter

I hate to think one has to consider these things, just a measure of some parts of society.

Adrian:(

outofthefire likes this.
  4. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

Sadly I am afraid I agree with that comment and the theft would be a lot more personal than just the steel value, it would be an offence against the person it was in remembrance of.

Have heard of so many things being stolen in the local cemetery that it is obvious it is done for no other reason that the guilty are low life evil people, nice things attract them regardless if there is a monetary gain to be had or not.

5. brightspark

brightspark Member

u have to cater for all types of scum . a local cemetry near us is was vandalised :(they smashed all the ground floodlights facing up on the church kicked over and smashed all the head stones on the graves :dontknow:

the snooper likes this.
  6. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

There are some prize kn## heads about, the sad thing is that the law can't / won't sort them out.

Parm and the snooper like this.
  7. p0689109 Member

The cemetery where my mother is is in a village in Durham and is luckily not vandalised as it is visited quite a lot by the locals. It is locked up in the evening till 8.30 the next day. My nephew drops along there every day to keep an eye out as his step dad is buried there too. I take your point but a lot of the graves are quite well "decorated" and as the item is not that large I am hopeful it will not attract much attention.
    My welding skills are not up to "sticking some legs on" I am afraid and I was hoping somebody on here would like a project in stainless. I will of course pay the going rate for the product produced by a professional tradesman.

8. julianf

julianf Member

I do rotary engraving and routing of aluminium sheet (anodised), but that's only flat stuff.

My avatar shows a small item (the coin is a penny, not 2p) but can go larger.

Anodised would last outside, but might not be the finish you are after. And again, I only do flat.

9. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Instead of welding legs on, what about making it 550mm long to allow for 50mm each side to be folded down to form legs?

10. p0689109 Member

Thanks for the offer Julianf but I want to stick to stainless if I can. Good idea Maker. All I need now is somebody to offer to make it for me!

11. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

There's plenty of people on here with plasma cutters, I'm sure someone would cut one out for you if you give them a sketch.

12. p0689109 Member

I think if they were interested in doing the job they would have contacted me through this thread.

13. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Unless they didn't read this thread. You could also draw it on a computer and send it to a laser/plasma cutting company and have them cut it for you.

14. p0689109 Member

Two problems here. I would not know how to draw it in the computer and although I could search for a laser/plasma cutting company I would doubt they would take on a small job. Of course if you could recommend one to me of course I would do that. My intention was to try and give work to someone on the forum as any income is good income!

Advertisements