Not done it yet.

1. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

@not done it yet ,

Welcome to the forum!

Don't be put off by people with incredible skills, and insane projects.

We're not all that talented.

But it's lovely to see.

Welcome!

James1979, Nick DV, indy4x and 4 others like this.
  2. gaz1

gaz1 Member

where all not welders on here

as we do other jobs by different trades people

many are hobbyists as well

so come and join the fun just remember its a family forum as well

3. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

We don't bite....

We're friendly and helpful.

Nick DV and indy4x like this.
  4. not done it yet Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Lincolnshire and am a sort of hobbyist. I enjoy tinkering and reviving old machinery - although I have been more than a bit restricted in recent years by a heart bypass (thank you, Papworth), or rather the need for it in the first place.

Growing up on a farm in the 1950s sort of started me off with repairs, modifications and engines. Now, well beyond the big 70, I have slowed down - a lot!

Anyhow, I have both a Raglan 5” lathe and their delightful (if small) mill, along with a Centec 2B and now an Eagle surface grinder - yet to be built up after I can make extra workshop space. Pete initially pointed me in the direction of his restoration and I have since read Rob’s thread documenting his journey, restoring his ‘heap’ of worn parts into a working machine. My example is, thankfully, in much better condition than either of their starting points! I intend to simply rebuild and only ‘fettle’,any obvious areas that need minor attention.

Other (interesting?) machines include a Drummond hand shaper (and an Alexander) among the usual(?) cutting grinding and welding machines/tools.

Science degree educated, but practical; “Jack of all trades” might be a good description of myself.

NDIY

5. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
    Hi there :waving: A great bunch on here, and they are great teachers - they taught me how to weld so says it all :thumbup:

Advertisements