Newbie in Essex

1. ENWOD Member

Tiptree Essex
    Hi all, Im a 19 year old male. I live in Essex and have always wanted to learn to weld, however I've never really had any reason to weld; however I've recently bought myself a kit car and I'm now looking for a cheap welder to get some practice in on; anyone who knows of one close-ish to Essex I'd be most grateful. Bearing in mind it's gotta be relatively cheap as I've recently been made redundant.

Cheers for any replies, looking forward to learning :) Anyone nearby - you all seem to be up North somewhere?

Cheers, Josh. :D

karl12345 likes this.
  2. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

3. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

Welcome Enwod, theres quite a few of us in Essex some just tend to keep a low profile, where abouts are you (town/village name listed in your profile would help)?

mtt.tr likes this.
  4. ENWOD Member

Tiptree Essex
    Cheers both;

zzr, not too far from you. I'm in Tiptree, near Colchester and grew up not too far from you in Leigh on Sea.

I'll be putting an ad up on that forum.

5. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    Hi Josh, welcome to the forum. :waving:
    What kit car is it you have?

6. bill_gj

bill_gj Tired and irritable

Hockley, Essex
    Hello Josh - ZZR is just up the road from me and there's a Top Man in these parts too. Mr Snowcat.

7. ENWOD Member

Tiptree Essex
  8. hello enwod I'm regularly making trips around the tiptree area at the mo, I have a customer in wigborugh........ welcome to the forum

9. ENWOD Member

Tiptree Essex
    Very, very very cheeky of me, so sorry for asking :( But you wouldn't happen to be able to TIG weld Aluminium would you? (I've got two bits of aluminium, about 8 inches long and the only TIG welder I knew has since, I think, packed it up) Feel free to tell me to eff off :laughing:

Cheers for the welcome though mate.

10. yes enwod, send me a PM.....

11. karl12345 New Member

Josh, I have a pal with a mig welder who’ll do it for cheap in Essex, further more I need help from someone who’s got sometime and wants to help fabricate a project , let me know what you think, a lot of YouTube videos out there and you just need some hands on experience.. you’ll get the basics in days.

12. spencer 427

spencer 427 Member

uk colchester
    Hi.
    I am too from Essex colchester. Flat out at the moment

13. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    10 year old thread chaps... :whistle:

snowcat, T0rnado69 and Robotstar5 like this.
Advertisements