New push pull torch

1. F.J.

F.J. Member

Just a quick one to say I treated myself to yet another mig set on Saturday, (4 in total now) a Cebora 2020/m synergic mig along with the 2003 push pull torch. I bought it mainly for the torch as Ive been after one for ages but at £1000 I was reluctant to buy a brand new one.

Anyway, I fitted it to my Cebora 2035/m pulse mig, and I have to say what a difference it makes. I only had a quick play before leaving the shop but will try and get some pics tomorrow of before and after the torch change. Having the machine push the wire and the torch pull it gives such a smooth feed and no snagging or birds nesting around the wire feed rollers. Can't wait for a job to come in now so I can use it in anger.

Also I might sell my Cebora Panther 200 now I have this new one so if anyone's interested them look out in the sales section

2. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

Push pull guns really do improve performance on ally, especially on 'problem' wires like 1.0mm 4043, once you get the feeding smooth and reliable almost any mig will give excellent results. I did a Teflon liner conversion and made a few setup changes on a clients Camarc 403 and got it absolutely singing on 1.0mm 5356 yesterday, so good in fact that he decided he didn't really need the EWM Phoenix 300 demonstrator I'd just left an hour earlier! Shot myself in the foot there at first glance but the customer was delighted and I'm sure he'll remember how good the other set was when his Camarc finally dies (They Die Harder than Bruce Willis though so I could be in for a long wait...)

3. F.J.

F.J. Member

I'm getting a new Teflon liner for mine tomorrow as its the only thing that I haven't changed for ally welding. But it welds beautifully as is so I'm expecting an even nicer weld tomorrow. The 2020/m welds nice to so may save up for the Cebora spool on gun for that one, that way I'll have two machines set up for ally, one for the workshop and one for site work.

4. GraAlex New Member

Is that a 10 pin pull torch? I am looking for one to suit an Electro 205AL mig... cheers

5. F.J.

F.J. Member

Hi,

Sorry but I sold this machine a few years back and cannot remember how many pins it had. If I remember rightly the part number was 2007 if you want to look it up although it will be hard to find a new one

Advertisements