New helmet recommendations

1. David Stott New Member

Hello
    My beloved optrel solarmatic helmet is dying, as it is rather long in the tooth now and the consumables are getting a bit awkward to get never mind a new cartridge I've decided to get a new helmet.
    My budget isn't huge as I'm no longer welding for a living but i don't want a crap one...... I'm after something fairly light that sits close to my face, I'm not too bothered about extra features like grind mode etc. Shade 5 to 9 would be nice but not essential, Speedglas is out unless they've massively improved their headband, as I had to use one for a week a few years back and hated every minute of it (too floppy, pulled hair and sat too far from my face whereas my optrel sits just touching the end of my nose and doesn't move whatever position I'm in) other than that I'm open to suggestions
    What do you like or dislike about the helmets you've used?

Dave

2. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Hi David, do you have a rough figure for your budget? That'll help with recommendations a lot.
    If you're around the £100 mark i'd certainly consider the Bohler Guardian range, they've impressed me and my customers for the price they are.

3. David Stott New Member

The budget will probably be around £150 with some wiggle room for the right helmet

Advertisements