my latest project

1. sclurgess Member

northants
    due to an unfortunate accident my car has gone from this
    [​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now normally i would of just scrapped it but it passed it MOT last week and i have just paid for a years insurance plus 6 months tax. so i think for the cost of fixing it its silly to just throw it away so therefore it now looks like this

[​IMG]

i managed to hit it that hard that ive had to cut the quarter, off as well as the middle panel so that i can straighten the inner arch and floor lol. sounds very dodgy but i have measured everything off my other nova and its now straight . just gotta straighten the middle panel as you cant get these anymore then reconstruct the b-piller and inner arch so the new quarter, sill and door can go on. ill keep you all updated on me progress

2. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

Ouch

Was it one of those trees that lurk around waiting to jump out at you? Be sure to stagger welds on the inner and outer panels a decent distance away from eachother so you don't end up with a cut and shut effect.

That's quite a knock on the wheel - is the suspension OK?

3. sclurgess Member

northants
    i was planning in changing the rear beam any way for a rear disk one so if it is bent it doesnt matter

4. sclurgess Member

northants
    well its almost finished now and i recon the hardest job was the new sill or at least removing it anyway. i was suprised how long it has taken aswell, but im glad i took my time as im happy with how it has ended up. ill have to get a newer pic as the one below is just after i tacked the quarter on.

[​IMG]

Advertisements