Multiprocess welder

1. MarieG

MarieG New Member

Hi all, thinking of buying the parweld xtm 201 di multiprocess welder, what’s people’s thoughts on this and what Is the max thickness of material It can weld? Hoping it can do 2-8mm?? I’ve a budget of £1000 TIA

2. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

Multi process welder, one box does it all, as opposed to dedicated welder machine.

Welcome to the forum.

Have a trawl...

slim_boy_fat and MarieG like this.
  3. MarieG

MarieG New Member

Thank you! Was wondering what gauge thickness gauge it can weld on mig???

4. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

It has built in Synergic lines for up to 10mm on mild steel. I wouldn't weld 10mm structural or load bearing stuff with it but it'll certainly stick it together.
    Very nice bit of kit, I've used it and it's older brother plenty of times.

MarieG likes this.
  5. MarieG

MarieG New Member

What would be the best multiprocess to get? I have a 180amp MMA welder and was looking for mig an tig and I really like these type! Probably be looking to weld up to 8mm in alu an 10mm in mild steel

6. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Would have thought 8mm alloy would be pushing the machine beyond its capability, not an expert some one who knows @Hood will know

7. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

200Amp would be touch and go for Mig welding 8mm Aluminium I would think.

8. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

With a budget of £1000 the XTM 201Di is probably your best bet if I'm honest with you.
    If the budget was a little more you could consider the GYS multi pearl range or the Bohler Uranos 2000 SMC.

9. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

so when doing 10mm correctly with this type of plant would you be doing multi pass?

10. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

Not necessarily, in fact not really desirable IMO. 10mm can be done single pass quite easily. I've seen a qualified procedure on 10mm fillet single pass and only running 140 amps short-arc. However, that's a bit borderline and dependant on good technique, it's wayy too low to be recommended to anyone without qualification. Generally you'd want to be up around 190 amps+ with 1mm wire, especially with a "light" gas of only 5% CO2. Or better still, 250 amps spray arc, although this is out of these machines reach.

10mm is a bit small to get multipass in without compromising on amps... ie. you still need 140 amps + for penetration, but it's laying metal fast enough that you'll end up with a huge weld size in 3 passes, which is not what you want either.

That's steel... you'll max out on 8mm aluminium, you need 200 amps plus for 8mm. 6mm is in reach, just, as long as you can run 23 volts or more at this top end.

None of this sort of work will run on a 13 amp plug, btw. You'll start blowing fuses around 150-160 amps.

500e and arther dailey like this.
  11. MarieG

MarieG New Member

Thanks for all your help, I’ve purchased the parweld xtm 201di and yes I have 2 32amp outlets in my shed! Can wait to get straight into work with it

12. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

give us a shout how you get on with it , and a few pics etc if you have time

MarieG likes this.
Advertisements