Mobile Network Providers?

1. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

My current provider is driving me mad & I'm looking to change when my contract is up for renewal

My biggest problem is the poor service they provide, Being either poor network signal or terrible customer service when you have an issue with their service!

What network providers are you using?

2. monky harris Member

giff gaff...
    never had an issue,
    and just £7.50 a month

3. stuvy

stuvy Member

EE, great signal but try and speak to a human being is a PITA. It’s only when they want you to upgrade there’s a voice on the phone

4. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    The problem is you need to decide if having signal at home is more important than where you normally work or travel. Even in big towns/cities there are places where the major providers have dead spots.

My work phone and Ipad are with Vodafone which works fine when I'm out and about but it's okish so I have a Suresignal box but that relies on my broadband.

Wife and kids are all on Plusnet which uses EE network. Plusnet sim only deal are really good value but there are some diffferences to a normal EE tariff like the fact they don't support short texting at the moment. My wife isn't convinced she gets the same signal level either but to get the same deal on EE would be 3 times as much!

5. julianf

julianf Member

Used to be an app on three that would do fem to cell, but they cancelled it.

If you go with a network that has such an app, you will get voice calls at home or at a fixed place of work regardless.

6. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

I'm with EE (sim card only contract) and have mobile unlimited data and phone calls, during the day.

In Sheffield where I work, the data seems to average out about 20mbs download/10mbs upload.

At home in the evening out in the sticks I get up to 97mbs down/45up, which is faster than my landline...

jerrytug likes this.
  7. julianf

julianf Member

Consider PAYG also. Anyone who thinks that they get a "free" phone with a contract probably does not really understand business.

You pay either way. If you don't get excited by having the next iPhone, then just buy a mid range android for £150 or whatever, and then you can swap and change PAYG Sims until you find the one that works best for you.

bigegg likes this.
  8. Robbie260 Member

I use 3 but I travel a lot for work so it makes sense to use it with their data roaming package.

9. bigegg

bigegg I drink and I know things. Its what I do.

Giff gaff all the way.

They dont do contracts - which means they make an effort to provide a good service, because its the only way they retain customers.

They specifically dont cater for business use however.
    (Its not banned, but you wont get any sympathy for lost business if the network goes down).

10. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

O2 on PAYG - they seem to provide the best signal strength up here. And they have a shop in the shopping precinct in Inverness where you can get any problems resolved, like I did when the chap fixed the problem I was having with Google high-jacking some settings on my phone - two minutes and all sorted FOC. :thumbup:

bigegg likes this.
  11. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

I'm going to do some further research when I get back to the UK

As I'm sick to the back teeth of them wanting me to upgrade! It's like they're delusional

I'm not calling you for an upgrade, I calling you regarding the service your currently not providing me!

Has anyone used Voxi which uses the Vodafone network?

12. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

You need to decide who has the best cover where you are, as far as customer service they are universally carp unless you are due an upgrade

Ashley Burton likes this.
  13. hunter27

hunter27 Pete

At home Vodafone is our best signal, I have been with O2, EE, 3 and Virgin which are all poor signals for us. I didn't like Vodafone's prices for their low end sim only deals and found that Labara use Vodafone's network. Wife and I have been with them for over a year now, best signal we have had and your only on a monthly contract. I think we are both paying around £5.00 a month.

14. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

BT actually. Can't fault them.
    Costs me 70 quid a month for two sims with a lot of free minutes and texts plus my unlimited fibre broadband.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  15. jerrytug

jerrytug Forum Supporter

I've had EE for about 15+ yrs, and the signal has been spot on from N.Norway to Portugal, including data. We can watch two movies at the same time on different iPads.
    I would not consider any other.

16. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Ee is bt iirc

17. jerrytug

jerrytug Forum Supporter

I don't know exactly, but I had an Ericsson network engineer as crew, he is quite high up and really knows his stuff, and he said they all piggyback each other's antennae and optic cables depending on demand, almost like commodity trading.

Ashley Burton and slim_boy_fat like this.
  18. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

19. jerrytug

jerrytug Forum Supporter

20. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

None are really better or worse the problem is coverage the maps seem to get more unreliable as the years go on.
    I was with BT in PRT4 days, moved to VF with the brick, then Orange EE \BT from Oranges first day NEVER had cover at home they always said it was a phone problem as the MAP said I did. This was with fixed phone kit & external aerial
    Fed up with excuses so changed to GG as it was cheap £6 tariff The service is OK but it is a O2 \ Telefonica satellite Co.
    Cover seems to switch about somewhat good cover at home most of time then junk in an aria I can normally make calls in, at worst it is better than EE (dynamic Aerial tuning ?)
    Worst day on hold at EE 103 minutes then call dropped being told your call matters :vsad::vsad:

Advertisements