Miller dynasty 200dx PC1 card

1. krzysztof birowka New Member

Hi,

I was wondring if somebody would be able to help me. I've had Miller for over 10 years and had no problems until now. One of the resistors on PC1 had burnt and I am not able to read its value nor the bands. It's the R131 on the bottom right hands side - see attached photo. I would be most grateful for any help. My machine is US made not UK. Thanks

• miller card.jpg
  2. voipio Member

Cambridge, UK
    Where do the orange wires go? Do they have the remnants of the resistor on the other end?

The resistor has left quite a scorch mark on the PCB, suggesting it failed quite catastrophically. Finding the cause is important. Simply replacing the resistor is not likely to cure the fault.

3. krzysztof birowka New Member

I wanted to connect variable resistor with those orange cable but i am not sure about it so I want to find out the correct one that goes there. The cause of the failure was a bolt that had fallen into the board and caused short circuit. I have changed one transistor and few diodes that was damaged. There is only this one resistor I want to replace but need to know value or bands.

Thanks

4. eddie49 Member

Krzysztof,
    Witam, and welcome to the Forum !
    Have you tried the Polish electronics website elektroda.pl ?
    There are a lot of clever guys on that Forum, and they often do component-level repairs.
    Someone was looking for a manual for the Miller Dynasty 200DX ( albeit, years ago ) - maybe they will check the resistor value for you?

5. bwservices Member

i can check it if you give me a day or two.i have a dynasty under one of the benches somewhere

HughF likes this.
Advertisements